PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms are because of the menopause.

Trixie
06-10-08, 06:14
The menopause is a lot more than a hot flush and no periods. There are so many different 'side effects' some of which people of mentioned they suffer on here.

Here is a link to a brilliant website/forum where if you are of the 'right' age you can check out.

To start you off there is a list it is called

THE 34 SIGNS OF MENOPAUSE

http://www.power-surge.com/educate/34symptoms.htm :yesyes:

kate
06-10-08, 07:05
I'm a member on the power surge forum, excellent site.

You are soooo right about the symptoms of perimenopause, there are loads which can go on for years until your periods finally stop.

Kate

Wenjoy
06-10-08, 07:55
I fully agree - I started at age 36 and am now 48 and panic attacks have returned since the perimenopause - I used to get them before I became pregnanat with my children 24 years ago!!! Wenjoy x

LeeBee
06-10-08, 08:52
Sorry to butt in, not really sure if I should comment... just wondering if 36 is quite young to start perimenopause? I'm 35 and haven't had children yet... one of my worst fears is that I'll go through the menopause before I get the chance... sorry... tearing up right now...

Wenjoy
06-10-08, 10:55
My mum had her menopause at 35 and it is very unusual - Ive been on HRT for a few years - it was just one of those things- not common at all to start so young!!! Wenjoy x

Cathy V
06-10-08, 11:30
Yes I agree that hormones have alot to answer for! My last period was 6 yrs ago age 49, but id been having real problems with periods and spaced out feelings and what seemed to be one long continuos PMT, since around age 43. They say the peri-meno can last up to 10 years before the periods actually stop, and after that it does seem to get better.

I think the age of menopause does tend to run between mothers and daughters. My mum had hers at same age as me, even down to developing high bp at the same age too.

Cathy xxx

Southern_Belle
07-10-08, 00:03
LeeBee,

It is very uncommon to start so young. I did start perimenopause at 35 and started having about 1 period a year at age 40. Stopped completely at 45. Again, this is very rare. I think it is because I have thyroid issues. I will say I have yet to have a hot flash but the night sweats about did me in!

Laura xxx

LeeBee
07-10-08, 06:45
Thanks guys... I freaked out a bit at that. I know it's not very likely, it just hits a big fear of mine. I don't think my mum went through menopause until late 40s or 50, with perimenopause starting in her early-to-mid 40s. She had a baby at 36, and both my grandmothers had babies late: 37 and 40. So I know I shouldn't worry too much. But you know what this anxiety malarky is like :blush:. Thanks for the reassurance anyway.

anxious
07-10-08, 10:22
I have all but three of those symptoms and i'm not going through the menopause:ohmy:
Leebee i had a baby at 37,

anx x xx

LeeBee
07-10-08, 10:32
Thanks anx :). I love hearing about "late" babies!

bookworm58
17-09-11, 10:36
i am suffering terribly because of the menopause,but get the impression from doctors to just get on with it.

Zee
18-09-11, 21:21
My perimeno took 7 years, I had just about every meno symptom known ! and a few more :ohmy:
Post meno..I still have episodes of similar peri symptoms but with some women it can take many years post meno for things to calm.

daybyday
18-09-11, 21:27
I had my children at 31, 34 and 37. I was in peri-menopause at about 40.
Though my cycle periods changed just a bit at about 35.
My last period was the month of my birthday at age 45. lol
I am now 56

dizzydaisy
25-09-11, 21:32
I found myself with a new partner and pregnant at forty five,twas a bit of a shock:blush:

Cags48
23-01-14, 16:18
I'm 48 and in full menopause . Hot flushes ,night sweats , dry skin , flatulence/constipation, muscle pains , not had a period for 4mths but feel like I'm always about to come on , a feeling of doom , crying and low mood all the time ....very low vitamin D put on ProD 20'000units and low iron ....doctors offered me HRT but not sure how I feel about that anyone having HRT?

Annie0904
23-01-14, 17:46
cags I have the same symptoms as you and have'nt had a period for 20 month. I started taking HRT on Monday. I started a thread about it.

Cags48
26-01-14, 18:58
Did you have the low vitD and iron Annie ? I have another appointment next week to let him know if I want to try the HRT I will follow your thread , I hope you start feeling better x

Annie0904
26-01-14, 19:29
One improvement that I have noticed already with hrt is that I am sleeping much better. My doctor didn't mention vit D and iron to me.

Libra
14-02-14, 10:57
I still occasionally get hormone type spikes and im 6 years post meno.
Rare hot flushes, bouts of anxiety, digestive upsets, mood swings.
Menopause varies between women.