PDA

View Full Version : Hello

bluebell55
30-07-08, 13:12
Hello, I am in my 50s and have suffered from general and health anxiety for about 8 years. I have other problems with self -esteem and anger ( with mysef). I have been off work for 16 weeks with a slipped disc, the pain of which has been so bad that for nearly 8 weeks I was unable to do anything other than lie down. even turning over in bed was excruciating. This hasn't helped my state of mind at all. I have a great husband who has done everything he can for me but he doesn't fully understand how I feel. My days are spent alone. Every sensation I get in my body I imagine to be something serious and I am constantly on the internet looking for information to verify this. Tears roll down my cheeks with no warning. I try to occupy myself. I have many and varied interests but cannot concentrate for long and or I get frustrated. Feel like I'm rambling now. There's so much I need to say. Lonely.

lorac
30-07-08, 13:14
Hello Bluebell

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Southern_Belle
30-07-08, 13:45
Hi Bluebell,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. Physical pain on top of anxiety/depression is sometimes too much. I have chronic pain and anxiety and know how it feels and it can be overwhelming at times. I'm glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

bluebell55
30-07-08, 14:31
Thank you so much for the welcome

milly jones
30-07-08, 15:25
hi bluebell

welcome to nmp

have u seen ur gp hun to gain some support?

please take care

milly xx

Beckster26
30-07-08, 15:33
Hiya Bluebell55

Welcome to No More Panic

I have suffered with Panic Attacks for just over a year now but since joining this site and reading different people's stories it has helped me a great deal

I hope you get all the advice and support you need and you are NOT alone we are all here to help!!!!!

loadz of luck of Love

Becky

Lindalou64
30-07-08, 16:11
Hello Bluebell And Welcome To The Site You Will Get Support Here ,wish Ya Well,linda

Lilith1980
30-07-08, 16:49
Hi Bluebell

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
30-07-08, 17:24
Hiya hun :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great freinds along the way. If you have more to say then feel free to get it out plz dont think you are rambleing. keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
30-07-08, 21:34
Hi Bluebell

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here

Hope we can be of some help

weeble40
31-07-08, 16:18
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Pansy
01-08-08, 07:48
Hi Bluebell..................welcome to this board. I am also new to this but can say already I feel part of a 'family'. Everyone on here understands how you feel.
I am in my 50's, and with a husband who tries but really has no idea what we are going through. I can understand your loneliness..............I work from home and often don't see or talk to another person for days (we are very rural). This board is wonderful, I have met so many wonderful and caring people in the last few days.

Are you getting any help with your back problem?

Don't worry about rambling, it is good to get things off your chest.

Try not to check out symptons on the net, it does make things worse. I used to do it regularly and boy did I have some 'illnesses'!!!

Good luck
Pansy

bluebell55
05-08-08, 09:46
Thanks for all the welcomes. Sorry for the delay in replying. I have had a bad few days.
Reply to Milly.
Yes I have seen several GPs.Most have been understanding and I am waiting for an appointment for CBT. I have been offered medication but I am too scared to take them. I am Taking MSTs for my pain and am so scared of what they are doing to me. I long for the day when I can come off them.

bluebell55
05-08-08, 09:55
Thanks Pansy. I too spend my days alone.I have seen very few people since I have been off work (5 months now) I do speak to my family on the phone. They all live a fair distance from me. My husband works 7 days a week with the occasional day off about every 6 weeks. He gets home late so I don't see that much of him either. You're right about the internet. I have stopped looking up my symptoms now.Like you, I had all the illnesses you could possibly have.

Pansy
05-08-08, 16:46
Glad you're back Bluebell. I'm on and off this board quite a bit so if you ever want to chat or send a pm, please do.

I have found the help for anxiety is very hit & miss, and very often there is a very long wait for therapy. No wonder we resort to self help!!

Pansy

RosieXXX
06-08-08, 13:49
Hi Bluebell,

Thank you for your welcome.

I was surprised to see how many ladies there are of our age too. Quite a comfort in a strange sort of way. I am sure we will be able to help and support each other.

My husband is very good too, but unless you have suffered this condition, I think it is very difficult to understand. I find I keep quite a lot of the worrying to myself, which isn't very good either.

It certainly can be very lonely and isolating, but a great comfort to know there are others to turn to. I am not very good at navagating myself around the computer, but am getting used to it, please to feel free to pm me anytime, and I hope I can offer some support.

:)

Pansy
07-08-08, 07:56
Hi Rosie & Bluebell...................makes you wonder if our anxiety is heightened because we are of a 'certain age' :unsure: I know that over the past couple of years I think I have been going a bit doolally, all part of the changes we go through! Rosie, you are right it is comforting to know there are others feeling the same.

As for the computer, well haha........................but I am going to tackle the chat room at some point...................and I apologise to everyone in advance if it all goes pear shpaed.

This board has made me feel a bit more positive. Everyone has been so kind and supportive to all the posters, whether they have just mild anxiety and panic or are suffering greatly and have nowhere to turn and are in despair.

Pansy

bluebell55
07-08-08, 08:59
Hi Pansy,
Your right, the dreaded Meno!
I'm going through that right now, on top of everything else.
But not going to dwell on that today.
Reading through the articles and posts here has helped a lot over the last few days and today I am feeling a little more positive.

Hope you girls are too

:hugs: for you and Rosie

RosieXXX
07-08-08, 18:06
I think the menopause probably does make us a little more sensitive - my emotions seem to be closer to the surface. I have become a little more level headed with age though, and have started thinking it is about time to try and live a little without this constant worrying. Easier said than done - but I look back and feel so sad about all the years I have wasted.

I did chuckle to myself a littler earlier - Pansy, Bluebell and Rosie - funny how we chose these names. I feel more positive now I have found this board too.

Pansy
08-08-08, 07:10
Hee Hee, must be fate Rosie! We have to transform ourselves into beautiful flowering blooms instead of wilting weeds :flowers: I wonder why we all enrolled here at about the same time. Spooky huh?

I think this board is wonderful, I have already 'spoken' to lots of new people about my situation and received support and understanding. Like you I feel so much more positive.

Hope you all have a good day.

Pansy

bluebell55
08-08-08, 11:55
The Flower Club eh?

Feeling so much better since joining. Even though its only been a few days. Wish I'd found it years ago.

I have given little bits of advice here and there ( hope it helps), and that alone has improved my mood. Its nice to think that you may be able to help someone else out there.

I realise that so many people suffer far more than I do.

Love to you all x