PDA

View Full Version : nmp raises anx?

milly jones
23-06-08, 10:48
yes nmp has helped raise my anxiety this morning :ohmy:

its helped me to push towards a goal.

on friday l learnt that it was a special friends birthday. i really wanted to get a nice card to post. there was no way i could do it this weekend, town is too busy, id go to the spar in the village and just pick up the quickest one.

but for one reason and another i never got there. :doh:

so this morning i woke up and decided that i was going to walk to town and get a good card. i showered got dressed etc and was so violently sick at the prospect that i couldnt face any thing to eat or drink, but i continued.

i left the house and texted that i was going to town incase there was problems. head down and walking rapidly i escaped my close before anyone saw me.

i walked quickly down the road and just kept going. traffic rushed past me and people startled me whenever anyone walked behind me. everything was louder, bigger, faster and i just kept walking. :wacko:

i got to the town and although i can walk here i usually skirt the centre when eg im going to the hospital. however there are 4 card shops all in the high street.

i stopped at a bench at the bus station to gather my thoughts, well id got this far, i couldnt give up now. i could smell the sheep at the cattle market and i felt sick. but on i went.

well i made it to the high street but it was 10 mins to go till the shops opened, cos as usual id got to there too early. scared in case i met someone i knew i just looked into the shop window at wh smith, which is tucked back until it was time. my heart was racing, my mouth dry and the familiar feeling of my nose beginning to run before a panic attack. :huh:

i kept breathing, following the display stand in the shop with my eyes, breath in slowly, out slowly.

9.00 the shops opened, town was fairly quiet and i went round the card shops and chose what i needed.

by 9.15 i was back on my way home, escaping, shivering, still highly strung but walking really quickly. :scared15:

a bin lorry passed me, the smell nearly overwhelming, and i baulked, but still carried on.

back up the hill, past the houses and into my house. i got in and looked in the mirror. my face was bright red, dont know if it was anx or effort.

any way i did it. im home safe again. sitting with a coffee and telling my friends here on nmp.

im so proud of my self. so yes nmp does increase my anx, it pushes me into moving forward. :yahoo:

thank you to everyone on here who supports me and holds my hand when i need love, u are the most wonderful ppl on this planet. :bighug1:

and thanks to my friend who spurred me to want to go :hugs:

milly xxxxxx :blush:

thevoicewithinme
23-06-08, 11:02
Awwww well done Milly, I am really proud of you :D

Yes, you was anxious...but you didn't let it beat you.

Sending you a great big hug....congratulations Milly.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Kaz xxx

eternally optimistic
23-06-08, 11:06
H O O R A Y M I L L Y . . . . .

WELL DONE YOU.

USE THIS EXPERIENCE AND TAKE IT FORWARD.

GOOD LUCK

j

pips
23-06-08, 11:06
A Huge Well Done to you Milly.:yesyes:

Yes I know how you feel you really have to push yourselves at times but you did it! What a GREAT Success!:yahoo:

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

lorac
23-06-08, 11:14
Well done Milly I am so very pleased for you, it feels so good to achieve doesn't it.

Carol
xx

milly jones
23-06-08, 11:16
thanks guys still buzzing lol

mill xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope 2
23-06-08, 11:51
Hey Mill

Oh my god I got a lump in my throat reading your story. I can't stress enough how very very proud and overwhelmed at your massive acheivement I am.

That old chesnut, 'face the fear and do it anyway' , is the BEST 'advice' I have EVER had. Won't take over yr thread tho :blush: .

This has made my day, you GO girl ........ this is the start of something good for you hun I know it. Yeah there is bound to be ups and downs, but you know wot, when yr having a down........ think of today.........read this again.....it will inspire you.

Bless yah, well flippin bloody done :bighug1:
Hugs Hope xx

kazzie
23-06-08, 12:02
This is brilliant Milly:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Well Done:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Luv Kaz x:hugs:

milly jones
23-06-08, 12:34
cheers guys, still floating xxxx

lainey
23-06-08, 12:41
Well done Milly!
You have done brilliantly.
Sending big hugs of happiness your way.

Elaine XXXXXXXXXXXXX

bluesparkle
23-06-08, 12:49
well done you :yesyes:
thats brilliant :hugs:
rach
x

mandie
23-06-08, 14:11
Way to go Millie

Well done:yesyes:

love mandie :hugs:

HeatherMc
23-06-08, 14:12
What are you like Millie from small acorns babe

Well done

Heather

xxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
23-06-08, 14:23
cheers guys, still on cloud 9 but feeling tired now lol

Southern_Belle
23-06-08, 16:04
Milly,

Way to go.... congratulations, I know you must feel wonderful!!!

Love and hugs,

Laura

popsy
23-06-08, 16:12
MILLY JONES I AM SOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!! :bighug1: :yahoo:

It just shows you can be sooooooo strong, i knew it!!!!!!
Hurrah , harrah, hurrah!!!!!!

Massive Love
Charlie x x x

milly jones
23-06-08, 17:29
thanks ever so much, im still sooo happy.

feel like a teenager again tonight

mills xxx

pooh
23-06-08, 17:55
FANBLOODYTASTIC

Well Done Milly

My B/day is the !st of December. I'll be expecting a beautiful card in the post too now LOL

You go Hun you deserve a triumph xx

Pooh xxx

popsy
23-06-08, 18:28
thanks ever so much, im still sooo happy.

feel like a teenager again tonight

mills xxx

Well dont go sniffing glue or smoking behind the bike sheds now will you!!!! :roflmao: :bighug1: Love ya xxx

rascal
23-06-08, 18:30
WELL DONE MILLY!!!!
its such a good feeling isnt it to acheive these things.
once again well done.
Its lovely to hear sucess stories,yours is fantastic.:yesyes: :yahoo:

Granny Primark
23-06-08, 19:05
Milly what an inspiring post.
Well done!:yesyes:
You should feel so proud of yourself.:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Anna C
23-06-08, 19:13
Well done Millie!

I bet you're so proud , its a lovely feeling when you acheive something you really want to do.
Give yourself a treat for being so brave!

:hugs: Anna

pink daisy
23-06-08, 19:19
Welldone Milly

Aww thats really good.. lookk who's winning now!! it's you and not the anxiety in your head!! yey go milly xxx:hugs:

lukgem
23-06-08, 19:27
Well done Milly!!!!!!

It is good to hear that you got that far and it makes us smile to hear your heart warming story.

You did excellently!!!!!!

:yesyes: :yahoo: :emot-highfive: :notworthy:

Gemma and Luke

milly jones
23-06-08, 21:25
thanks again guys, ur all so wonderful

think the anxs taken its toll, feeling back down to earth now lol

but a step forward

mill xxxxxx

Bill
24-06-08, 03:50
WELL DONE MILLY:bighug1: :flowers:

Well, you've proved to yourself just how strong and capable you Really are so..............when you doing it again?:D It helps to have the right incentive and a clear goal to achieve to provide us with the determination we need. No stopping you now!:yahoo: :bighug1:

milly jones
24-06-08, 08:11
cheers bill,

i really appreciate u taking the time to reply hun

mill x

london
24-06-08, 12:04
milly you did well proud of you

karenb
24-06-08, 12:08
Hi Milly,

A big well done to you hun!!

I agree tht NMP is beginning to help me push myself that extra little bit. Especially with help from a special friend (You know who you are!).

My Special friend on NMP is having problems herself at the moment and has been under the weather for the last couple of days. So a big hug for A!! :hugs: and hope she is feeling better b=very very soon.

Karen

dianes
24-06-08, 13:30
Well done Milly:yesyes:

It was great to read about your journey, I love reading the success stories as it always gives me sooo much hope. I really admire you for doing it on your own, I am still venturing out with hubby look forward to going it alone someday:winks:

Keep up the good work, we are all rooting for you.

:hugs: :hugs: to everyone.

Diane

'Remember, your imagination is always much worse than the reality'

milly jones
24-06-08, 14:57
thanks london, karen and diane

i really appreciate your support

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
24-06-08, 15:25
Thats Great Milly Good Job .............linda Xxx

Coni
25-06-08, 19:39
Wow Milly, just caught up with this thread so sorry its a bit late....but you are absolutely fantastic, what an achievement and I am so chuffed for you....so whats next on the agenda then lol?

luv Coni XX

milly jones
25-06-08, 20:15
thanks linda

no probs coni lol

next is a trip to the sweet shop in mold to but some old fashioned sweeties to send to worrier in las vegas

im much better with a specific goal i think lol

cheers guys

mill xx

kellie
25-06-08, 22:03
Great job milly, well done to you hun. you did so well and im proud of you.

take care,

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Coni
26-06-08, 19:44
While you're at the sweet shop Millie can you get me some soor plooms please lol?

Coni XX