PDA

View Full Version : Emetaphobia and agorophobia sufferer...hullo!

Kahlan
14-06-08, 11:59
Hello everybody,

I am brand new here, and just wanted to meet other people who are battling with or have won the fight against Emetaphobia and Agorophobia.
I suffer from depression, emetaphobia and agorophobia, and have actually reached the point where I figure heck, this has been going on for so long might as well give up fighting it and just admit that things aren't going to change, adapt to it. I consider myself lucky that I can now leave the house to do my shopping, or visit friends (however brief my trips are). Some days I can't, but I try not to beat myself up when it happens. I can now eat out which I wouldn't have dreamed of doing 3 years ago!

Has anyone been for any form of therapy to battle against emetophobia, by the way?

Also, has anybody else tried to work their lives around their phobia, like starting a business from home?

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Lovely to meet you all!

lilly-lou
14-06-08, 13:20
Hi and welcome,

You will meet loads of people with the same as you got, I got agoraphobia and social phobia and like you can now leave the house after being house bound for nearly 2 years.

lilly :)

chalky
14-06-08, 16:33
Hi Kahlan,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
14-06-08, 16:39
lovely to meet u hun

welcome to nmp

theres lots of sound information in the website and lots of the old threads in the forum are worth having a root thru

the chats room brill to if u need human contact straight away

all the best

milly xxx

Kahlan
14-06-08, 20:57
Blimey, what a lovely greeting, thank you all :)
I am very much looking forward to meeting you all in the chatroom, and I plan to do as Milly suggested and check out the old threads.

Thankyou again, you've made me feel very welcome!

Nibbles
15-06-08, 17:56
Hi Kahlan and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Well done on all your achievements and the progress you're making, I think you're going about things in exactly the right way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
17-06-08, 02:46
Hello Kahlan And Welcome........i Wish Ya Well.............linda

weeble40
17-06-08, 16:45
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx