PDA

View Full Version : mate fell in bath and died

traciec39
01-05-08, 01:11
Sorry to post again but the final post mortem result of my friend was that she died of a brain hemorage due to falling in the bath
why is life so cruel???/ her poor child has been left without a mummy and there are so many broken hearts left behind.

Now every day im feeling dizzy, headaches etc as if i could faint.
I keep wondering if she had any symptoms prior to her falling? the sadness is enough without this added panic.

Am i normal....i dont think so

tracie

misterbean
01-05-08, 01:52
Dear Tracie

I still do not have the words that will bring you any comfort, or will make the world seem less cruel at the moment. I certainly do not feel that you need to apologise for posting again.

Both your sadness and panic remain understandable to me, though I cannot swear to being normal myself. Please, stay close to us if you are able.

Martin

Liverbird67
01-05-08, 15:13
Hiya Tracie

So sorry to hear of your sad news, I will share my story with you hun, I apologise in advance for the length of it.

Approx 12 years ago whilst pregnant with my daughter, I was about five months, my 25 year old brother in law died suddenly, he came in from work went to bed with a headache woke up in a right state they got him to hospital he lost consciousness and died of encephalitis (swelling of the brain tissue). After that time funeral etc, I gave birth on time everything was ok up to then I had coped with everything, then I started getting panic attacks (I could always justify them because of what had happended). I got better after a long hard struggle however my panics have now returned over a stressful work situation.

The symptoms you describe are a very severe grief reaction, your senses have gone into overdrive trying to make sense of what has happened, when really you cannot make sense of it at all, there is no rhyme or reason to it.

Try not to think about your friend having any symtoms prior to her fall, you are not your friend do not compare any of your feelings to hers you will drive yourself into feeling really really ill constantly worrying about this.

If you are becoming really distressed about this go and see the doctor whom hopefully will be able to reassure you.

Remember you have basically had the shock of your life and it will take time to recover from this you will probably get all kinds of weird sensations as your mind tries to make sense of it all. without wanting to scare you any further this can take quite a while, you may even have strange dreams, again I cannot emphasise strongly enough that this is a normal grief reaction.

keep posting any worries you have on here and there will always be someone to help you

hope this hasn't been too honest and I haven't meant to scare the bejaysus out of you I am just trying to reassure you that what you are going through is normal and that you are not going mad or anything more sinister is not happening to you.

Love and best wishes

Debbie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx