PDA

View Full Version : Just started to worry about a tooth

phil06
29-03-08, 19:49
I have a bit of a sore gum around my tooth just a little red so I am worried i need to rush off to the dentist and they will take it out.

I have been told my a friend it is just a mouth ulcer maybe and it will pass in a day or two..I've only had it a few days.

I have just started to worry and jump things together and can't stop looking at my mouth and I have got worried they will take it out as it sticks out a little with the way its grown in.

Should I try and not worry about it and let is pass? :scared15:

lesleyB
29-03-08, 21:44
Hi, sounds like just a sore gum to me have you tried antiseptic mouth wash or rinsing with warm salt water, this would deal with any infection there also brush carefully in this area you could be over brushing.
Take care
Lesleyb:hugs:

phil06
29-03-08, 21:48
Hi, sounds like just a sore gum to me have you tried antiseptic mouth wash or rinsing with warm salt water, this would deal with any infection there also brush carefully in this area you could be over brushing.
Take care
Lesleyb:hugs:

Thanks yeh I did over brush them the other day as i got a new toothbrush. Not tried any salt water yet will give it a go.

sagey
30-03-08, 00:33
Hi Phil06, don't get too worried about this. Stay off spicy and acidy foods, keep your mouth clean and brush very gently. See if you can get an appointment soon for a checkup and take the Dentist's advice. Good luck.

samc100
30-03-08, 19:19
Sounds like it's been irritated ( that new toothbrush?).
Do the salt water stuff. And fingers crossed for you that it clears up. I am sure it will.

scooby28
30-03-08, 20:01
I get this problem alot. I do press on to hard when brushing and I end up with red gums all the time, I recently changed to a soft toothbrush and this has really helped.