PDA

View Full Version : Went for a drive today with friend...

Paulos
22-03-08, 18:32
Day 2 all without booze, went for a drive around the community I live in, around a Golf Park... I was spaced/confused most of the time... only thing I remember is Chestnut Hill Drive... it's a shame I don't learn things or focus more... saw the old house I used to live in when I first moved up to my residence... sniff, brought back some memories and kind of was saddening... sniff... saw an Easter Party going on at a public building or something... jeez ... I'm a mess...

Nibbles
22-03-08, 21:49
Well done for going on the drive, Paulos. :yesyes: You're pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and doing well avoiding the alcohol so well done. :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

Paulos
22-03-08, 21:51
wasn't easy though, anyone ever have mixed hormones/feelings like... you could be LAUGHING at something hysterical, then be crying at something bad in your life?

EarthMother
23-03-08, 02:33
There's an old saying that there is a fine line between Love and Hate .... I think it goes for emotions too. The thing I find about these bio-chemical experiences in our body is that any thought that is going through our mind at the time of the flux, seems to get amplified (worse yet BELIEVED!) when it's really only that our body is going through a hormone change. The key for me is to focus on the physical feeling and watch it change, shift and eventually pass -- and NOT listen to what my mind is telling me about it. It helps me to even out the roller coaster ride of emotional tides.

Good luck on your healing journey and kudos on day two of sobriety.

Paulos
23-03-08, 18:08
Thanks... ;\ day 3 now.

jodie
23-03-08, 18:12
:yesyes: well done:yesyes:

jodie x

Joe1981
23-03-08, 18:57
Step by step :) You are doing great!