PDA

View Full Version : Left arm goes funny during workout...

opal133
29-07-24, 00:30
I do high-incline walking a few times a week and the past few sessions I've experienced a weird heavy, tingling feeling in my left upper arm. It only comes after I've come down from the peak of my heart rate - the last quarter or so when I'm effectively cooling off...

It's such a weird feeling and it's knocked me for 6 every time as a million fears start going through my mind. I know that arm sensations are linked to heart issues which plays on my mind. However the feeling doesn't hurt or cause pain like Dr Google says it typically does.

I get a tingle sensation in my left shoulder blade often due to posture almost daily - I think it's connected to my scoliosis. However the feeling in my upper arm feels different to that. It goes away fast after I've finished my workout session but it's starting to panic me and I've been ending my sessions early.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Or knows how to get past the mental block? I want to stop myself falling into the fear trap and getting put off working out - but I am equally concerned in case it is actually a sign of a cardio or neuro issue :(

RadioGaGa
29-07-24, 14:57
Is a trapped nerve not exciting enough? :winks:

although nobody can rule out heart issues without examining and seeing you, I really think this will be related to the nerve in your arm becoming compressed or irritated during work outs.

I get migraine auras, which include odd sensations in my arms/legs etc. Even when I’m not having an aura, I get weird sensations in limbs. See your doctor for reassurance but I’m sure you’re fine