PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about blood test results

Bumble1989
30-05-24, 11:15
Hi all

Yesterday I had blood tests to check my hormone levels and at the same time I asked for them to do other ones too to check general health, etc.
I have the nhs app and my results are back on there already. Everything is good apart from serum creatinine, serum triglyceride and non hdl cholesterol.
Also there's something called AKI on there and says unable to calculate?? That's something to do with kidney damage and my serum creatinine is 89 which according to the nhs app is high and they're linked. So does this mean something wrong with my kidneys? Why couldn't they calculate if I had any kidney damage? That's really worrying me.

My serum triglyceride is 2.8 and my non hdl cholesterol is 3.2 so these are too high too.

I don't feel there's any point ringing the Dr about it yet because I don't think he would have had a chance to look at them

Sparkling_Fairy
30-05-24, 13:24
Hey, from what I can tell normal serum creatinine is between 60 and 110, so 89 seems smack bang in the middle for me.
But even if they consider it elevated, it doesn't have to mean anything really. My dad had high creatinine levels, was told to drink more water and repeat after 6 months, and after 6 months his levels were back to normal. He just wasn't drinking enough water

smogie
31-05-24, 10:55
Your doctor will have seen them I’m sure they don’t go to the app until they are checked and signed off are there any comments underneath such as normal or no action required? I’m having bloods done on Monday and am getting myself in a right state about them x