PDA

View Full Version : Constant Trembling Inside

clarelou
08-11-07, 14:20
Hi Guys, HELP!!! I am constantly shaking internally on the top half of my body, I go to sleep with it and wake with it and it continues all day, is this Anxiety???Possibly cause I've started Citalpram 6 days ago?? Can't stand it!

hopeful
08-11-07, 14:30
Hi Clarelou, Yes citalopram can cause increased anxiety as a side effect but it usually disappears within a week or so.What dose are you on? I started on 10mg for 10 days then increased to 15mg for another 10 days and then 20mg which Im on now.I'd try and stick with it if I were you and try to carry on as normal,ignoring the side effects.Rescue remedy is very good for anxiety and can be taken alongside citalopram if needed.
julie x

clarelou
08-11-07, 18:58
Thanks hopeful,

Started on 20mg, spoke to doc he said reduce to 10mg whilst my body gets used to it..........
Hoping after about 10 days these symptons will subside, I have rescue remedy didn't realise you could take it alongside so thanks for that, its such a horrible feeling!!!

Am plodding on and riding it out.............

clarelou
08-11-07, 18:59
p.s Julie,

Is it working for you?

Take care

Joe1981
09-11-07, 01:07
I honestly had this for 3 weeks.. legs and arms.. i could feel myself shaking but could not see it.. very scary but that was just anxiety.. deep breathing, relaxing and taking my mind of it took it away..

Just anxiety..

hopeful
09-11-07, 09:02
Hi Clarelou,
Ive been taking it for 6 weeks now and yes Im feeling better than when I started.My mood has lifted and I'm not as anxious.However I had a few family problems last week and I was feeling sick,headache,and very shaky.I used a couple of sprays of rescue remedy and it calmed me right down.At the moment I feel 'normal' whatever that is.I'm going to buy some more relaxation cd's cos I've only got one which I'm sick of hearing.I need to work on my reactions to things by doing breathing exercises,relaxation and doing the online cbt course which i've started.Hopefully then I'll cope better when I come off the citalopram.
I hope you feel better soon,its horrible when a med that is supposed to help makes you feel worse for a while.
julie x :hugs: