PDA

View Full Version : been to the doctors

sammie
08-10-07, 11:30
hi everyone

had a long chat with my doc today and she tells me i,m not having a nervous breakdown but i have acute anxiety i have come away with yet more tabs

i need to focus on getting better and try to ignore the thoughts that i get not easy i know but what else can i do.

thanks to all who have replied to my posts to reasure me.

sammie

MissChampers
08-10-07, 11:55
I was just wondering how do you know if you've had a nervous breakdown? Sometimes I think I might have because I can't face people without being high on valium and i've had to give up my job because of it.

Bill
09-10-07, 02:18
My own thought is that a nervous breakdown was the term used years ago for severe anxiety so in effect they're the same thing because it's your nervous system that's affected. :shrug:

knightbabe
09-10-07, 09:50
My friend has recently been told by her GP that she has had a nervous breakdown. Prior to this she has suffered quite alot with nerves. She hasn't been out of the house for 6 weeks now. She won't let anyone into her home and refuses to answer the phone. She suffers from social anxiety. I thought the same as Bill that severe anxiety and nervous breakdown was the same thing.

jo61
09-10-07, 10:50
My understanding from my shrink of the definition of a 'Nervous Breakdown' is when Clinical Depression and/or Anxiety prevent a person from living their life. Systems shut down and the person stops functioning effectively. That given, I've had a couple over the last 7 years.