PDA

View Full Version : feel like ive forgot how i should think and feel

Decco
01-10-19, 13:59
started taking sertraline 6-7 weeks ago i feel like anxiety hit me so hard i have lost myself kind of i just feel strange eventhough i no longer feel anxious. most of the time i feel completely empty from thought and emotion its as if ive forgot how i should react to stuff and am kind of inside my own head all the time. maybe im just thinking into my own thought processes too much and what would be a automatic response now isnt? has anyone experienced this? im only on 50mg of sertraline so its weird if its causing this. what i feel is wrong with me always changes, it was first that i had a brain tumor, aphasia etc maybe i feel i have lost myself because i am thinking in a way that would indicate i have lost my sense of self i just dk anymore it isnt so bad that i cant function and i can still live pretty much normally. its asif i cant follow a clear chain of thought aswell like i dont think about consequences of my actions etc i just do them, and i casnt think partiularly deeply anymore.

DustingMyselfOff
01-10-19, 18:18
I don't have any personal experience with that medication, but I have lots of experience with Prozac, and my suggestion is to just hang in there for 2 or 3 more weeks. If your experience is similar to mine, everything starts to fall into place at about the 8-week mark and you will start feeling normal again, but without the anxiety. At least that's what I hope for you. But you've made it through 6 weeks so keep doing what you're doing and give it just a little more time.
Sue