PDA

View Full Version : In-Grown Hair, Wart or Worse

PennyP123
15-08-19, 21:57
So about 2 weeks ago I noticed this bump in my groin/upper thigh area - it's really on my thigh but whatever. I'm a woman, it was right before my cycle and I get acne still at this age before my cycle...I'm nearing menopause but I digress. Anyhow, I have my annual appt with my derm on Monday. I'll get it checked out then. But, for anyone that has had ingrown hair in that area, how long do they last. I can't imagine this is an ingrown hair because 1. I haven't shaved and 2. It's lasted about 2 weeks. Of course, to me it doesn't look like a wart, it looks like a pimple, but what do I know. The reason I'm esp freaking out is because 2 years ago I was diagnosed with genital warts (I know tmi)...I am an old, married, boring, faithful woman. I have no reason to believe my husband has been unfaithful. I have no clue where it came from. I mean I've been married for a long long long time. Anyhow, my biggest fear since is a recurrence because it was traumatic for someone who has always been "a good girl" and boring. I guess I'll find out next week what this is definitively...but any thoughts, input or support is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

nomorepanic
15-08-19, 22:19
It could be a boil

PennyP123
15-08-19, 22:25
It's really small. I've had boils before...but this is super small...like the size of a "garden variety" pimple.

nomorepanic
15-08-19, 22:30
Could just be a spot then

PennyP123
19-08-19, 15:08
I like to post a follow up in case some person in the future is reading this and wonders what the outcome was. Good news, it's a pimple. I all passed the rest of my yearly skin check. I hope I can relax now and stop the constant worrying, but that of course is another issue. Bottom line take away "sometimes a pimple is really just a pimple."