PDA

View Full Version : Skin tag turned black? (picture)

Louna
31-07-19, 17:19
Hi everyone

i have had a skin tag on my arm near to my elbow for a couple of years. Well, i’m ASSUMING its a skin tag, i never had it checked out because it was never an issue / didn’t look weird (but i did send daily photos to my boyfriend of it asking if he thinks its changed, lucky him! Lol)
anyway - the “skin tag” was almost exactly the same colour as my skin. Soft to touch, smooth, was never an issue and after a couple of months of noticing its on me, i was okay.

So i know 100% i have had this thing for a couple of years now.

today, i was out shopping. It was bloody hot this morning so i was leaning over a post while i was waiting for a taxi home. My arm began to really sting, almost like it was being pinched or pierced.

I rolled up my sleeve because i was like “what the heck is going on” and i saw my “skin tag” was jet black.
So now i’m concerned. Very concerned.
This is the only skin tag i have had to deal with, i always get my moles checked every so often to make sure everything is good with them

but this skin tag is really creeping me out. I know for a fact it was the same colour as my skin a few days ago because i got paint on my arm and was washing it off.

The skin around the black is red, leading me to think its irritated
and it now hurts if i lean on it or anything like that

Picture from today for reference

NervUs
31-07-19, 18:21
That's one of the things where they say to see a doctor.

I'm sure there are benign things it could be- inflamed or injured skin, or a SK that darkened (they do that). It looks inflamed to me and like it is probably going to fall off soon.
But, since it went black, just go to the doctor and biopsy if recommended.

nomorepanic
31-07-19, 18:34
I was going to say the opposite and let it fall off on its own so up to you whether you see a doctor or not.

Scass
31-07-19, 20:11
Yes I’ve had some like that, it’ll fall off soon and then you can forget about it.

roseanxiety
01-08-19, 00:47
Looks like it fell off and that’s a scab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk