PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had cellulitis how did you deal with the after fear of getting cut?

tan235
07-05-19, 01:03
Hi All,
I've just gotten over a mild bout of cellulitis which I've never had before.
Started with a bite which looked like a mosquito bite, harmless small bite, by night it had a pustulate on it and by morning it was flaming red and huge. So went to ER they said it could be inflammation or cellulitis and gave me antibiotics, it's since healed, quite fast i might had, but left a weird bruised like area and a little ulcer yet to heal, I still have one day of taking antibiotics but now how do I deal with being cut again?
I get bitten by mosquito bites ALL the time, now everyone is going to put the living fear of death into me, they say once you get cellulitis you can get it again. How do you deal with this fear now?
What caused it?
Why did I get it?
I don't have diabetes, I'm not unhealthy - why did I get it?
Does it mean I have strep on my skin?
How do I not get it again?

Im kinda OCD as you can tell but now I'm freaking out about everything little thing I do, I have a pimple on my face that I squeezed, will that turn into cellulitis?!

HELP!
Anyone had cellulitis and then never had it back again!?????:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure ::unsure::unsure:

utrocket09
07-05-19, 02:21
I got it from an infected ear piercing. Got the peircing removed, had antibotics and then was fine.

Scass
07-05-19, 02:35
Hi All,
I've just gotten over a mild bout of cellulitis which I've never had before.
Started with a bite which looked like a mosquito bite, harmless small bite, by night it had a pustulate on it and by morning it was flaming red and huge. So went to ER they said it could be inflammation or cellulitis and gave me antibiotics, it's since healed, quite fast i might had, but left a weird bruised like area and a little ulcer yet to heal, I still have one day of taking antibiotics but now how do I deal with being cut again?
I get bitten by mosquito bites ALL the time, now everyone is going to put the living fear of death into me, they say once you get cellulitis you can get it again. How do you deal with this fear now?
What caused it?
Why did I get it?
I don't have diabetes, I'm not unhealthy - why did I get it?
Does it mean I have strep on my skin?
How do I not get it again?

Im kinda OCD as you can tell but now I'm freaking out about everything little thing I do, I have a pimple on my face that I squeezed, will that turn into cellulitis?!

HELP!
Anyone had cellulitis and then never had it back again!?????:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure ::unsure::unsure:

So they didn’t actually say it was cellulitis?
I’ve had similar from a bite. I think you just have to practice good hygiene & first aid if you get bitten again. You can’t stop mosquito’s unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyNameIsTerry
07-05-19, 04:42
Both my parents have had cellulitis. My mum has had it about 3 times, I think. They are elderly and she gets problems with her skin anyway with the mes she is on.

Each time it has been treated with antibiotics, sometimes taking more than one course. It can be very itchy and red.

Don't think cellulitis and only think about the bad cases, it's pretty common and can be mild.

tan235
07-05-19, 06:25
Yes this is true - you only read about the bad stuff - My dr said it could of been cellulitis or could have been inflammation but they wanted to act quick just in case it was cellulitis. it's healed pretty fast to be honest and left with a weird bruise like thing that sounds like cellulitis. I just don't want it back!

MyNameIsTerry
07-05-19, 07:01
It was dry scaly skin, clear fluid oozoing, redness & inflammation and in my mum's case really bad (up all night unable to sleep type) itching. She has gone a good week more than once before getting an appointment but it was easily treated.

pulisa
07-05-19, 08:31
I had cellulitis from an insect bite a day after my dad died. It was like dragging an aquarium of fluid filled pustules around on my leg and was incredibly painful. I had 2 courses of antibiotics and it took ages to clear up but I have no scars and I have never had it since, just infected insect bites.

tan235
07-05-19, 08:48
Thank you, I"m sorry to hear you had that after having to deal with your fathers death.... x
Mine wasn't that bad, it must have been pretty mild for me which I'm thankful for...glad to hear you didn't get it back!