PDA

View Full Version : Tingling in fingers when I hit arm

europe11
18-01-19, 18:55
Is it normal to feel tingles in your fingers when you hit specific spot on triceps, above elbow? When i hit specific spot ( I mean, I guess I hit radial or ulnar nerve, whatever) my last three fingers tingle for a second. When i hit another spot on arm above elbow, I fell tingle in thumb and point finger.
I also feel tingle in both elbows when I'm doing push ups, similar feeling when you hit "funny bone" but less painful.

Actually, is it normal to be able to hit and feel your nerve so easily?

I think that I have some form of cubilar or carpal tunnel because I spend too much time on phone and laptop and my left elbow is constantly bended. Especially when I use laptop because I bend and place elbow on table. And that's why my left arm is more affected than right because it's my dominant hand and I mostly use it.

To be clear, I don't have tingles until I hit arm and it last just for a second so it's not tipical case of tingling fingers.

ankietyjoe
18-01-19, 19:06
To be clear, I don't have tingles until I hit arm and it last just for a second so it's not tipical case of tingling fingers.

Well stop hitting it then.

And anyway, it's called the funny bone.

europe11
18-01-19, 19:49
It's not that I'm hitting myself all day :D

I just wonder if it's normal to fell that nerve so easily, because I can't really feel it in my right hand (except doing push ups, in that case even my right elbow tingle). I guess it's part or cubital/carpal tunnel because I destroy my left elbow because I spend too much time on phone/pc but still...

And another thing, my left arm is naturally skinnier than right so it seems that it's easier to hit nerve.

KK77
18-01-19, 19:54
If your left arm is bonier than the right then nerves will be more exposed and prone to "hitting" :lac:

Totally normal.

ankietyjoe
18-01-19, 20:54
As I said, it's called the funny bone.

europe11
18-01-19, 21:25
Yes, funny bone aka ulnar nerve. He's responsible for tingling in last 3 fingers.
He's also responsible for tingling in elbow when I'm doing push ups.

But I also can hit another nerve (can't remember the name) who is responsible for thumb and point finger. :D

Anyway, thanks for answers.

BazB44
19-01-19, 17:41
wait, people with pointy elbows are more susceptible to nerve issues? That would explain a lot, my elbows are very pointy and I get tons of cubital tunnel issues my whole life, both arms.