PDA

View Full Version : red patch on tongue

watercolors
17-01-19, 15:39
I have asthma and use an inhaler. For the past 3 days I have had a sore tongue and the back of my throat has been sore, on and off . Today i noticed a red patch on the top of my tongue . It has me scared. My tongue is sore where the patch is. I also have post nasal drip and acid reflux. Has anyone else experienced this?

MrLurcher
17-01-19, 16:34
I suffer from Geographic tongue, look it up on google, does that look like what you have?

It is benign, and can be caused by certain foods (mine is affected by pineapples, tomatoes, acidic stuff sometimes).

watercolors
17-01-19, 20:12
Thank you for your reply. My daughter has geographic tongue. It doesn't look like that. It's very irritated. I'm wondering if it could be from my asthma inhaler. I have terrible HA and I can't stop thinking about what it could be.

watercolors
19-01-19, 17:20
I went to my asthma doctor this morning. It is thrush from my inhaler. She gave me meds and prescribed a new inhaler.

Scass
19-01-19, 17:50
That’s good news.
I get oral thrush from my inhalers too. I do try & brush my teeth or rinse after taking them.

The infection should clear up very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watercolors
19-01-19, 20:50
Thank you for your reply. My doctor prescribed tablets that dissolve in my mouth. I have to take them 5 times a day for 7 days. and also changed my inhaler. I've never used this medicine before so of course I'm afraid of side effects. I wish I could just give myself a break sometimes.

Scass
19-01-19, 20:54
I’m the same, please don’t worry. When do you think you’ll start the tablets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watercolors
19-01-19, 21:03
I started about 1 hour ago. Is this the same type of medicine that you used? How long until things started to clear up for you? I find having asthma and anxiety a bit confusing. Sometimes an asthma attack feels like anxiety or anxiety feels like an asthma attack. The older I get the worse the anxiety gets.