PDA

View Full Version : Waking up with damp pillow/t-shirt

GeoDude
18-12-18, 09:50
Hi

This is worrying me. For three nights I have woken up with a damp pillow or t shirt (depending if im sleeping in one or not) around the neck area. Its not the dampness that wakes me up but usually other noises. I am not drenched and can easily fall asleep again and no more occurs. Is this something to worry about?

I should also note I was eating relativity mild curry from a proper Indian takeaway for the past two days which is something I normally don't do

Thanks

RadioGaGa
18-12-18, 12:48
The night sweats to be worried about are known as drenching night sweats. With this, you'll waken up and have to change your bedding you'll be that drenched.

99% sure you have nothing to worry about, although should it perisist or worsen, make a routine GP appointment

GeoDude
18-12-18, 13:02
The night sweats to be worried about are known as drenching night sweats. With this, you'll waken up and have to change your bedding you'll be that drenched.

99% sure you have nothing to worry about, although should it perisist or worsen, make a routine GP appointment

Thank you for your reply

RadioGaGa
18-12-18, 13:06
And I should add, even drenching night sweats are mostly not related to anything serious/life threatening.

Glad to have helped :-)

GeoDude
18-12-18, 13:12
And I should add, even drenching night sweats are mostly not related to anything serious/life threatening.

Glad to have helped :-)

Thanks I just get really anxious about this and now Im worried about falling asleep again and keep thinking its gonna happen

Fishmanpa
18-12-18, 13:40

True about night sweats that are concerning. I had them. Make that 100% nothing to worry about. Leaving even .01% is what a HAer will focus on. No need to see a GP about some dampness. It's winter and warmer bedding is common.

Positive thoughts

GeoDude
18-12-18, 14:08
True about night sweats that are concerning. I had them. Make that 100% nothing to worry about. Leaving even .01% is what a HAer will focus on. No need to see a GP about some dampness. It's winter and warmer bedding is common.

Positive thoughts

But I haven't changed my bedding recently

Fishmanpa
18-12-18, 14:54
But I haven't changed my bedding recently

And there's the HA "Yeah but" :doh: Dude, please! It's common and nothing to be concerned with in the least!

Positive thoughts

Elen
18-12-18, 15:02
You ate curry, what do you think?

GeoDude
18-12-18, 16:16
You ate curry, what do you think?

im not sure, usually foods dont cause night sweats

ankietyjoe
18-12-18, 18:28
Do you WANT it to be a problem? :shrug:

Anxiety can wake you up sweating. It's happened to me hundreds of times. And I don't mean you wake up anxious, I mean an overall sense of anxiety (which you clearly have) can wake you up, sweating. It's hormonal.

AMomentofClarity
18-12-18, 18:42
A few too many beers in a night makes me sweat. There’s all sorts of things that can cause this that aren’t serious.

GeoDude
18-12-18, 18:45
Im just worried as to why its happened three nights in a row and now Im petrified of going to sleep tonight

AMomentofClarity
18-12-18, 18:48
Im just worried as to why its happened three nights in a row and now Im petrified of going to sleep tonight

The more you freak out, the worse it’s going to be guaranteed. I’ve been EXACTLY where you are. It was a constant cycle until I fixed the mental side.

Fishmanpa
18-12-18, 19:09

You're following the same typical HA pattern as some of your previous threads. Are you getting any real life help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

GeoDude
18-12-18, 19:23
You're following the same typical HA pattern as some of your previous threads. Are you getting any real life help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

My HA isn't bad all the time it can just flare up usually I am not too bad with it but this symptom just scared me

GeoDude
20-12-18, 11:59
So two nights okay I dint wake up in the night and there was no sweat or dampness at all, but last night I woke up with a little bit of sweat on my neck and forehead and a small amount on my pillow. I've gotten to the point whether this is actually happening or I am dreaming because I remember wiping the sweat off then instantly falling asleep. I am going mad over this. I also had some diarrhea at 5 in the morning- i know that disgusting but I cant help feel the two issues are linked.

I know this is nothing probably and Im sorry for bothering you guys.

Leslie735
20-12-18, 13:35
So two nights okay I dint wake up in the night and there was no sweat or dampness at all, but last night I woke up with a little bit of sweat on my neck and forehead and a small amount on my pillow. I've gotten to the point whether this is actually happening or I am dreaming because I remember wiping the sweat off then instantly falling asleep. I am going mad over this. I also had some diarrhea at 5 in the morning- i know that disgusting but I cant help feel the two issues are linked.

I know this is nothing probably and Im sorry for bothering you guys.

Maybe you have a virus since you mentioned the diarrhea in the early morning. I know when I get sick, I get sweaty at night. I just had a cold virus and I woke up a couple times with dampness around my neck, chest, and forehead. The last time I had a bug it happened then as well.

GeoDude
20-12-18, 13:44
Maybe you have a virus since you mentioned the diarrhea in the early morning. I know when I get sick, I get sweaty at night. I just had a cold virus and I woke up a couple times with dampness around my neck, chest, and forehead. The last time I had a bug it happened then as well.

Possibly but I feel completely fine otherwise