PDA

View Full Version : Girl friend has spots on spleen!!! Help!

fma11122345
03-12-18, 16:49
Please dear god someone talk me down! Tell me everything will be OK! Shes going for a mri today!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

PLEAS ANYONE!

Meriland30
03-12-18, 16:55
The spleen is filled with vascular sinuses and is prone to cysts, pseudocysts, or hermangiomas, and 10 various other benign tumors. Splenic cancer is extremely rare and spread to it is also rare and would more-so involve radical enlargement than 'spots'. She is getting a MRI which is good, just calm down. I doubt its cancer.

fma11122345
03-12-18, 17:32
Thank you so much...shes been In and out of the hospital all weekend, so many tests, which have all come back clean. Including meany blood test. I felt her up and down and didnt feel any lumps form any lymphoma, wich is the first singh of it.

Leslie735
03-12-18, 19:41
Praying all goes well!!! *lots of hugs*

fma11122345
03-12-18, 21:14
Praying all goes well!!! *lots of hugs*Thank you..

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Anyone else?

AMomentofClarity
03-12-18, 21:36
Thank you..

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Anyone else?

No offense, and I get that you’re worried, but nobody here is qualified to discuss or can in any way give you a realistic answer about her spleen imaging. You really should be discussing with her doctor.

Fishmanpa
03-12-18, 21:47
No offense, and I get that you’re worried, but nobody here is qualified to discuss or can in any way give you a realistic answer about her spleen imaging. You really should be discussing with her doctor.

That's point blank and true. Besides, If 100 people told you it was going to be Ok, would it really reassure you?

You said she was worried about red spots on her hand yesterday but based on this post, I believe it's you that are worried more than her. They're doing tests to determine what's going on. Definitely be her advocate and ask questions of the medical professionals and instead of being here seeking reassurance (you've been logged on most of the day), maybe you should be with your girlfriend being strong and supporting her :winks:

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
03-12-18, 21:57
That's point blank and true. Besides, If 100 people told you it was going to be Ok, would it really reassure you?

You said she was worried about red spots on her hand yesterday but based on this post, I believe it's you that are worried more than her. They're doing tests to determine what's going on. Definitely be her advocate and ask questions of the medical professionals and instead of being here seeking reassurance (you've been logged on most of the day), maybe you should be with your girlfriend being strong and supporting her :winks:

Positive thoughts

I’ll add to this in that last week you were worried about your mom. There’s definitely a pattern of projecting your HA onto others.....

fma11122345
04-12-18, 00:39
Now we have to wait till the 14th for a mri.. Does anyone know how long the result might take? And yes I am freaking out, for good reasons! Its not just health anxiety this time!. Thank you all for your help.

fma11122345
06-12-18, 01:01
Shes hade blood work done and it come back clean, that's a good shing its not cancer, right?

Fishmanpa
06-12-18, 01:10
Shes hade blood work done and it come back clean, that's a good shing its not cancer, right?

What is the answer to that question?

Positive thoughts

fma11122345
06-12-18, 02:34
Its really hard for us to stay positive fmp, we both have severe anxiety. Mines more or less under control atm, but she just developed her's this past year, so now that's something actually is happening shes loosing her mind. And that in its self is seting mine off. It really is nightmare.

Fishmanpa
06-12-18, 02:39
Its really hard for us ti stay positive fmp, we both have severe anxiety.

This is not a matter of anxiety, this is a point blank in your face factual medical result. If blood work was normal, what does that tell you? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

fma11122345
06-12-18, 02:46
Thank you