PDA

View Full Version : You ever get vertigo?

Jarofflies
02-10-18, 15:57
I woke up with it this morning. It felt like my head was spinning. Didn't fall over or anything though. In fact, it was worse if I lay down. I felt like I was spinning :D

For the most part it's completely gone. Except if I bend down, but that's probably due to the blood rushing to my head. And I had it for a few days a few years ago and it went

Is it something to be concerned about? I probably would've gone to the doctor, but it's effectively gone and I've had the exact symptoms years ago and it was fine. In fact it was probably worse years ago!

emm5412
02-10-18, 16:12
I've had it before, once. Thought I was going to die lol. Never happened again. My mom gets it a few times a year, and she's still kickin!

jray23
02-10-18, 16:32
Sure thing. Not fun at all! It's actually very common though. It's estimated 40% of people experience it at least once in their lives.

If it just comes and doesn't return (consistently, five years later doesn't count), I wouldn't even bother worrying about it. If vertigo stays around, worsens, or feelings of dizziness or offbalance persist, go ahead and see a doctor. Not because that means it's anything serious mind you, so still don't be worrying, but good to get checked out at that point.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jarofflies
02-10-18, 16:58
Sure thing. Not fun at all! It's actually very common though. It's estimated 40% of people experience it at least once in their lives.

If it just comes and doesn't return (consistently, five years later doesn't count), I wouldn't even bother worrying about it. If vertigo stays around, worsens, or feelings of dizziness or offbalance persist, go ahead and see a doctor. Not because that means it's anything serious mind you, so still don't be worrying, but good to get checked out at that point.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yeah I legit last got it like 8 years ago.

I have a checkup anyway next week so if it persists I can talk to my doctor. But right now it's lessened. Last time I had it lasted a couple days