PDA

View Full Version : Increased dose Citalopram

Rebeccamb
03-08-18, 21:00
Hi All,

Wow I just logged back in for the first time in 7 years - honestly my anxiety since going on citalopram was really under control but after a very bad year last year about 3 weeks ago I had a really bad flare up.

I am taking xanax twice a day and have increased from 30mg to 40mg a week ago today - since then I have felt terribly out of sorts and having crying spells and severe anxiety and intrusive thoughts - I havent talked to anyone about citalopram for so long - I am seeing a councillor too , I am wondering if this is normal with the increase and how long does it generally take to go - I am in the ' I will never be normal again' phase and I can't stop crying over it and in great fear.

I have no appetite and I just feel hopeless right now but I am hoping this is a side effect to the increase - can anyone relate to this?

Appreciate any response - it can be very lonely.

Thanks
xxx

arun8989
19-10-18, 01:14
Hello Rebeccamb,

I hear you, I have been struggling through lot of issues in the past 7-8 years even more. But the last 7 years have been the worst of the worst. Lot of PTSD type of symptoms. It took me lot of time to get my head out of it, still getting it out But feel much better. Be, resilient,prepared and strategic in your fight. I never took any medication or went to therapy for my issues, even though I'm feeling well, I might go in near future. I would request you to do lot of image guided relaxations, find those on youtube, there is a book called "the worrying trick" , classic music, reading philosophy (it does help ), gym ( very important for developing resilience. Finally exposure therapy, which, I see it as Deep contemplation ( Philosophy :) ) I did this for months and years to take my head out. Things will get much better, just keep your eye on taking your head out.