PDA

View Full Version : Ungual melanoma?

Rey1989
18-06-18, 20:48
Im going down a spiral.

I have convinced myself that I have ungual melanoma. I have this dark brownish mark under my middle toenail that looks very suspicious. I did what I know we should never do and now I am convinced I have it.

I will book an appt with my dr whenever he has an opening but I can’t rationalize the fact that it could very well be something else (a bruise for instance)

Needess to say I’m in panic mode and needed to vent. I dont remember injuring my foot or anything that could cause such mark.

Anyways thanks for reading!

Rey

Fishmanpa
18-06-18, 21:08
Refer to your nail ridge thread. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby... :winks:

Positive thoughts

Rey1989
18-06-18, 21:15
I dont mean to come across as disrespectful or anything but from all the threads ive started this one feels the most real. I mean, I can see it.

Regardless of what it is I am not managing my anxiety like I should, and the thought of this being the real deal frightens me.

Thanks Fishman, you’ve always been very patient with my posts, I really hope you are right.

Rey

Fishmanpa
18-06-18, 21:54
Thanks Fishman, you’ve always been very patient with my posts, I really hope you are right.

Rey

No worries! Based on your track record with deadly illnesses you've thought you've had, I think the "Told Ya So Gang" will be paying a visit :winks: Besides, when I see some weird cancer I never heard of, I know who diagnosed you! :lac:

Positive thoughts

Andrash
18-06-18, 21:58
Im going down a spiral.

I have convinced myself that I have ungual melanoma. I have this dark brownish mark under my middle toenail that looks very suspicious. I did what I know we should never do and now I am convinced I have it.

I will book an appt with my dr whenever he has an opening but I can’t rationalize the fact that it could very well be something else (a bruise for instance)

Needess to say I’m in panic mode and needed to vent. I dont remember injuring my foot or anything that could cause such mark.

Anyways thanks for reading!

Rey

Subungal melanoma is extremely rare (actually, the only person I know had it was Bob Marley) so your odds to have it are almost zero and your health anxiety further decreases these odds.

Rey1989
18-06-18, 22:27
No worries! Based on your track record with deadly illnesses you've thought you've had, I think the "Told Ya So Gang" will be paying a visit :winks: Besides, when I see some weird cancer I never heard of, I know who diagnosed you! :lac:

Positive thoughts

I recon I have a track record of deadly disease. I wish I could break this pattern once and for all.

I feel so horrible going to the dr to ask for all these little things... I am sure he thinks I am crazy by now... but I guess I’ll have to make the trip this time regarding this one.

I havent been this scared in well over a year. The feeling is horrible

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Subungal melanoma is extremely rare (actually, the only person I know had it was Bob Marley) so your odds to have it are almost zero and your health anxiety further decreases these odds.

It is rare, but rare things do happen to people. I hope you are right. I’d be happy to hear the “told ya so” gang once again... but each time it looks/feels too real to ignore.

Rey

Fishmanpa
18-06-18, 23:53
I recon I have a track record of deadly disease. I wish I could break this pattern once and for all.

I feel so horrible going to the dr to ask for all these little things... I am sure he thinks I am crazy by now... but I guess I’ll have to make the trip this time regarding this one.

I havent been this scared in well over a year. The feeling is horrible

I think the highlighted part is the key. Ask yourself; How sick am I feeling this way? Are you sick enough to treat the real illness? IMO, real life help and accountability may be the answer here. The internet is great and all that but there's no accountability.

I know you won't rest until you see your doctor but when you get the all clear this time, tell him what's going on and you need help.

Positive thoughts

Rey1989
19-06-18, 00:01
I think the highlighted part is the key. Ask yourself; How sick am I feeling this way? Are you sick enough to treat the real illness? IMO, real life help and accountability may be the answer here. The internet is great and all that but there's no accountability.

I know you won't rest until you see your doctor but when you get the all clear this time, tell him what's going on and you need help.

Positive thoughts

Yes I will. I visited a psychologist early this year and it helped... but I ran out of bennefits to cover the costs of going there. I gotta start saving money so I can afford help.

Cheers Fishmanpa. Thank you.