PDA

View Full Version : Bloody long panic attack gggggrrŕrr....

thejohnny
20-05-18, 17:22
Hi all , well this is new and im hoping someone can relate. I have just returned from a fantastic weekend in London where I have spent the whole two and a half days with zero panic attacks.
I would normally be very anxious about staying in a hotel, travelling by train and large crowds but nothing , not one single panic attack, woohoo great fantastic I hear you say. Well now I'm home chilled out watching TV...... BOOM major panic attack that's going up and down like a yoyo. As soon as it eases off bang it's back again.
It has been a long tiring weekend and I've worked hard on staying calm and positive but now when fully relaxed with no worries or stress I'm having worst panic attacks I've had in a long while, would greatly appreciate anyones suggestions on why this happens
Thanks Johnny.

wcs2222
30-05-18, 17:55
Hi.
I find panic attacks seem to come "out of the blue". The triggers can be subtle and minor that you don't notice until the panic happens.
I also find sometimes that "doing things" (e.g., travel, meeting people) distracts my mind away from day-to-day things that can trigger panics. Afterwards, coming down to rest, my mind wanders to back things that can then trigger panics.
This is only my experience ... I don't know if it applies to you.