PDA

View Full Version : Panic and anxiety

Milliemac
12-04-18, 20:07
Hi I suffer from panic and anxiety and have been taking paroxetine and propranolol for several years. For the last few years I have been feeling great so with the doctor decided to reduce the dosage. Unfortunately after halving the dosage have had a relapse. Forgot how bad this illness makes you feel. Currently increasing dosage again so hoping to start feeling better soon but it's hard to be positive and patient when you feel so bad.

venusbluejeans
12-04-18, 20:14
Hiya Milliemac and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
18-04-18, 14:03
Good Morning Milliemac.

I understand how you feel Milliemac. I also suffer with panic and anxiety and I've had my moments of feeling better. Only to go back into feeling those old feelings of panic and anxiety.

First I would tell you not to feel guilty or mad at yourself for having to increase your dosage again. In the 20 years since my initial diagnosis, I've had to change and increase and decrease dosage on more than a few occasions.

One unprofessional suggestion I would make is cognitive therapy and mediation. I've noticed that the use of both greatly improved my overall outlook and living with this illness. Anyway, take care of yourself Milliemac and stay proactive in your treatment, you are not alone.