PDA

View Full Version : Lightheaded after exercise, really getting me down!

OakleyEdward
30-01-18, 16:13
Hey all,

Just after som advise/reassurance. Been doing great lately but this weekend I thought I’d start back at the gym, all good until I did some squats and after a few sets got mega lightheaded. Stopped and had something to eat and drink and eventually it went. Today the same thing happened after digging a new hedge in.

Do you think it could be just my lowered fitness leverl? Or anything to do with the cold virus I’m just about rid of?

Any help really appreciated, can’t put up with yet another thing wrong!!

StephanieKes
31-01-18, 03:03
So this may not be exactly your situation but I know even back before I ever had panic attacks or anxiety I'd get dizzy after stepping down from the treadmill and jogging. This could be something as simple as that-your body isn't used to these motions. I'm sure it's harmless, just go slow and easy, gradually build up how much of this exercise you do. If you ever feel sudden pain, that's a different situation. Have you previously done squats & experienced this? I started running for my anxiety and the initial dizziness after stepping from the treadmill freaked me out til I remembered anytime I use a treadmill I get that. ��

ankietyjoe
31-01-18, 15:46
Do you think it could be just my lowered fitness leverl? Or anything to do with the cold virus I’m just about rid of?

Definitely

Squats are about as high impact as you can get away from heavy weights.

You're pulling all your blood into your biggest muscle group.

Doing this after a virus alone would make you feel weird.

Fishmanpa
31-01-18, 16:17
I thought I’d start back at the gym, all good until I did some squats and after a few sets got mega lightheaded.

I was into body building many years ago. I've gotten so light headed that I puked after an intense squat session. Take it slow!

Positive thoughts