PDA

View Full Version : So worried my cancer might be back!!!! Had a panic attack earlier today :(

TinkrTonkr
12-11-17, 16:47
So tomorrow I will have a appointment with the doctors to make sure everything is okay (18 months after stomach removal) and i always wondered why they always palpate my clavicule area... Looked online and found "Supranuclear Lymph Node", which when enlarged in the left side highly suggests malignancy in the abnomen area...

So I looked for it and feel a lump exactly where that Lymph Node is....

It depends on the position though, some positions i dont feel it, if i squeeze the skin i feel nothing but in some other positions i seem to find it there, it moves around but feels kinda hard...
Could it really be a swollen lymph node even though I removed the stomach and lymph nodes around it were negative?
If it was a enlarged llymph node would it be easily palplable or only felt in some positions (for example if I streth my neck muscles i don't feel it, if i don't strech it sometimes i can feel it dependin on neck position)

I'm so freaking worried!

Fishmanpa
12-11-17, 17:38
Been there done that. That's what I call "scanxiety". I had an awful scare a few yesr back when the nodes on the left side of my neck swelled up bad. I went to see my team and they sent me down for an emergency CT scan telling me, "Until we know otherwise, this is cancer." It scared the poo out of me! Turned out it was a viral infection and it cleared within two weeks.

You have no signs or symptoms and you really don't know what your feeling or looking for. Besides, swollen or suspicious nodes aren't hard to find. I totally understand your anxiety over this but you're a warrior and survivor and you know the deal. It's NOT cancer until they say it is.

Let us know how you make out

Good luck tomorrow and as always...

Positive thoughts

chrism3072
12-11-17, 17:45
Hi, I agree with poster above.

A suspicious lymph node would be really obvious. Go to your appointment tomorrow and I’m sure you’ll feel reassured!

Best wishes

O_O
12-11-17, 18:03
Just wanted to say how sorry I am the you're going through this and how scary it must be. I really, really hope that everything goes well at your appointment.

TinkrTonkr
12-11-17, 18:11
Been there done that. That's what I call "scanxiety". I had an awful scare a few yesr back when the nodes on the left side of my neck swelled up bad. I went to see my team and they sent me down for an emergency CT scan telling me, "Until we know otherwise, this is cancer." It scared the poo out of me! Turned out it was a viral infection and it cleared within two weeks.

You have no signs or symptoms and you really don't know what your feeling or looking for. Besides, swollen or suspicious nodes aren't hard to find. I totally understand your anxiety over this but you're a warrior and survivor and you know the deal. It's NOT cancer until they say it is.

Let us know how you make out

Good luck tomorrow and as always...

Positive thoughts

If it really is a swollen node would it very palpable? I cant feel unless i move my neck in some positions and even so im not sure, might be a muscle. Still, so scared

Fishmanpa
12-11-17, 18:17
If it really is a swollen node would it very palpable? I cant feel unless i move my neck in some positions and even so im not sure, might be a muscle. Still, so scared

The nodes in my neck were rock solid, not movable and painless. You could see them sticking out and you didn't have to go digging for them. I know you're scared but I think you're be meeting Mr. NED ;)

Positive thoughts

TinkrTonkr
12-11-17, 18:25
Well I don't know....
Maybe it's nothing but the fact that it's on the left side and it's associated with stomach cancer metastasis makes me super scared. Anyway tomorrow I have the appointment, maybe i get reassured or maybe not...
Let's see

TinkrTonkr
13-11-17, 15:00
The nodes in my neck were rock solid, not movable and painless. You could see them sticking out and you didn't have to go digging for them. I know you're scared but I think you're be meeting Mr. NED ;)

Positive thoughts

Hi, had the appointment today, doctor didnt find any node, so I asked "i felt a node in my neck could you check again" he did it very well, took 20+ seconds and said "No there's no swollen node" then I pointed out what I thought was the node and he said "Well, that's a muscle..."

To sum up, I'm fine, im cancer free, so please don't self test for nodes on your neck you might think you have them, worry a lot and end up like me, being nothing.

Fishmanpa
13-11-17, 16:07
Hi, had the appointment today, doctor didnt find any node, so I asked "i felt a node in my neck could you check again" he did it very well, took 20+ seconds and said "No there's no swollen node" then I pointed out what I thought was the node and he said "Well, that's a muscle..."

To sum up, I'm fine, im cancer free, so please don't self test for nodes on your neck you might think you have them, worry a lot and end up like me, being nothing.

:yahoo: The amazing Mr. NED (No Evidence of Disease)! AND.... "Told ya so!" :D

Positive thoughts

TinkrTonkr
13-11-17, 16:57
:yahoo: The amazing Mr. NED (No Evidence of Disease)! AND.... "Told ya so!" :D

Positive thoughts

Yeah man, I'm so thankful to you, going through my ALS fears (and even for a short period Multiple System Atrophy) you were always supportive, and always right... I don't worry about those things anymore, I am (almost) anxiety free, but yeah yesterday needed some diazepam to calm me down...

Thankfully im good to go, no need for any exams, not even ct scan or anything and next appointment will be in 9 months.... Just relax now :D

(he said i have better chance of getting hit by lightning thunder than my cancer returning)

And PS: Thanks for explaining what Mr. NED was...

To sum up, thanks Fishmanpa, you are amazing man, always very supportive, I thank you for all those posts I did back then, i must have been so boring and still you gave me reassurance etc..
Thankfully i was able to geet my life back, dont worry about ALS anymore, my only minimal worry is cancer, but after what the doctor said today, im sure ill be good!

Thank you so much man!

Fishmanpa
13-11-17, 17:25
Anytime :) and btw... I go in Feb. for my final appointments. I'll be deemed "cured"! :D

Remember... attitude is more than half the battle ;)

Positive thoughts

TinkrTonkr
13-11-17, 17:47
Anytime :) and btw... I go in Feb. for my final appointments. I'll be deemed "cured"! :D

Remember... attitude is more than half the battle ;)

Positive thoughts

Doctor said 3 more years of appointments every 6 months, but he's sure in 2020 i'll be deemed cure as well!

Fishmanpa
13-11-17, 17:48
Doctor said 3 more years of appointments every 6 months, but he's sure in 2020 i'll be deemed cure as well!

:yesyes:

Positive thoughts

pulisa
13-11-17, 19:34
That's great news and I'm so pleased that you have no reason to worry. Fishmanpa provides such a great service to this forum and has been through so much himself. He can always be relied on to provide excellent advice and is an expert Dragon Slayer!