PDA

View Full Version : Can you send me encouragement please

cattia
26-10-17, 12:39
Hi, as you probably know I'm doing very badly just now. I feeling really bad today, convinced I'm seriously ill (chronic fatigue syndrome is my latest). I have to drive my son to a town twenty miles away for an eye test. Driving is a source of anxiety for me just now along with parking, finding the place, staying in there for an hour etc. I have a bad headache and feel very spacey with brain fog. Please send me positive vibes as I need to do is this.

pulisa
26-10-17, 13:01
Anxiety can make you feel dreadful, as if you can't cope, as if you're permanently exhausted with constant brain fog and spaced out feelings, with nagging physical symptoms which don't go away...But it is all caused by anxiety and nothing more sinister than that.

You can do this drive, cattia, but just take things slowly and steadily, give yourself plenty of time to find a parking space and don't overanalyse your feelings. You will be ok.

swgrl09
26-10-17, 13:29
Take your time. You can do this! Take breaks and give yourself extra time to stop if you need to. Maybe bring something to keep your mind off things when you are there or something soothing for you. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

cattia
26-10-17, 15:17
Thank you so much, your kind words mean more than I can say. I felt horrible, dizzy, shakey, out of it, but I did it! On our way home now.

WiredIncorrectly
26-10-17, 15:30
I know the feeling cattia. I hate leaving the house. If I have to leave the house for anything I will work myself up for days. The hours before leaving the house I will feel incredibly ill. When I actually leave the house and do whatever it is I'm meant to be doing I find I'm mostly ok. Try and keep happy thoughts. Look forward to returning home and relaxing :)

beasty340
26-10-17, 16:02
Yesterday I had counseling at 7:00 PM and I was very anxious when I got home from work and felt awful. I was seriously considering calling to cancel the appointment, but I didn't. I told myself that I am not going to let this anxiety control me and that this would be good for me to go. Try to push yourself, you might find that it helps you.

WiredIncorrectly
26-10-17, 16:09
Yesterday I had counseling at 7:00 PM and I was very anxious when I got home from work and felt awful. I was seriously considering calling to cancel the appointment, but I didn't. I told myself that I am not going to let this anxiety control me and that this would be good for me to go. Try to push yourself, you might find that it helps you.

Congrats :) It's such a nice feeling when you overcome something like that. I agree, pushing through it is the best approach.

beasty340
26-10-17, 16:14
Congrats :) It's such a nice feeling when you overcome something like that. I agree, pushing through it is the best approach.

Not only did I go, but I felt great when I was there. Just sitting and talking to someone was amazing.

swgrl09
26-10-17, 17:42
Nicely done :)