PDA

View Full Version : Cold tingling feeling.

Panicsteve
08-10-17, 14:52
First ever post so I feel a bit cheeky jumping straight in with my problem but im getting pretty concerned. I've got a cold tingling in knees that spreads to shoulder blades and arms. Been having some health worries lately and this feeling started about the same time, due at the docs in 2 days time for hopefully some news on what's been causing the health issues. Obviously made the mistake of googling the cold and tingling as they've become a bigger issue than what was originally troubling me and there is plenty of things this could be but one of the most common is that it's anxiety related. Is this possible? I do worry a lot and do suffer from anxiety/depression but have never experienced this before, this feeling has been happening about 3 weeks and even with trying to stay calm I can almost always feel it and it very rarely goes but sometimes it does or maybe I'm just not thinking about it. The original health issue is a possible Epididymitis issue if that sounds like something that could cause this?

ocdbaking
08-10-17, 16:09
No idea about it being an epididymitis issue, as I'm not a doctor. But I can relate a small part of my story.

Sometimes I breathe too much (normally without realising!) and one of tell-tale physical symptoms is tingling.

If it's not a terrible breathing episode, it'll just be in my hands. If it progresses, it spreads to my neck, behind my ears and (weirdly!) in my knees! If I let it continue, eventually my whole body will tingle and will 'freeze'. It's to do with too much oxygen being in your system due to the fast breathing.

Slowing the breathing down means the episode will pass in a few minutes.

Anxiety is a maddening thing sometimes!

Forgot to add, the coldness could be done to adrenaline.

Panicsteve
08-10-17, 16:28
This sounds similiar to what I have but I'm having trouble getting it under control. It seems to come and go when it feels like it.

ocdbaking
08-10-17, 16:38
It won't be coming on when it feels like it - it will be down to your breathing. Like I said, you can be hyperventilating without realising it.

When it starts to come on, try to get your breathing back under control. There are some breathing exercises online. I personally find it hard to stick to the breathing exercises, so my counsellor said to imagine you're breathing in (slowly) your favourite smell. She said that it had two purposes - one, you breathing slows, and two you gain a positive feeling to replace the bubbling panic. Personally, I imagine I'm breathing in the smell of freshly baked bread. Makes me smile every time!

Panicsteve
08-10-17, 17:00
Thanks. I'll give a try, I'm hoping everything is related to my original problems and not something new I have to deal with.