PDA

View Full Version : Job worries

positivegirly
05-10-17, 08:30
Hi Guys...back again! I am struggling yet again with anxiety about my work. I have a job, been there over a year now and I still don’t like it, I worry every day about it, I dont feel like I have ever really grasped it completely and I think work colleagues think I’m strange, I definitely do not fit in, even after being there for over a year. It’s been hard the last few months,there have been a few changes happening which I struggle with anyway but it’s pushed my work anxiety issues through the roof. I also added fuel to the fire when I started frantically applying for other jobs within the same place but different departments just to be able to leave my current job, I was going to be offered one a few weeks ago but a colleague completely put me off right before the interview and I ended up turning it down, I moved on from that pretty quickly although I felt silly and guilty. I was offered another position just this week but due to the commute i would have to endure I had to turn it down, I didn’t realise it would be based at another location and it just would not have worked as I live so far away, the hiring manager was not very pleased and made this very clear on the phone, I have since then spent the last few days feeling sad, very guilty I wasted their time and very much a failure. My confidence and self esteem are at an all time low and I cannot seem to find joy in anything right now. I don’t like talking to family about it because I feel like I’m a burden with all my problems. I don’t know what else to do. I feel very very low :-(

Bittersweet05
09-10-17, 01:29
Hi hang in there. I have been at my job for almost 25 years. I too get anxiety every day going to tge office. You will find something that fits you and your happy with. Takes time sometimes. Don't feel guilty. You shouldn't. You will know when it a good fit.