PDA

View Full Version : Faced a pile of symptoms in the past 14 days...

Mikomiko
16-09-17, 15:11
Hi everyone, I'm a 23 year old female; new here. I think I'm going nuts soon- I guess I have what is categorised as health anxiety... it started last Monday (4/9) where out of nowhere my skin started itching, and I couldn't sleep or eat properly as I constantly have this "full feeling" in my stomach. For 2 nights straight was insomnia and also constipation for me. I had a sore throat (no cough), swollen gums and tongue, throat looks so inflamed. I was freaking out, I was afraid if it was oral cancer.
The next night (6/9), the itching continued and I couldn't take it anymore and was admitted to A&E and doctor said it was food/med allergy; gave me a jab and meds. That solved the itching issue but I was still facing sleepless nights. The next few days were the same old horrible feeling. I felt weak and had cold sweat throughout the day. I feared I had something horrible happening inside me and I went for a blood urine test. Test came out and everything seemed normal to the doctor and he didn't prompt further tests as he said all looks well. *at this point I was fearing I had blood cancer*
Since (9/9) I'm getting able to go to the washroom as I've been taking fibre drinks; however I still felt uncomfortable/feeling of fullness constantly. Then I started itching at my legs and also scalp. I proceeded to make a booking for ultrasound of my abdomen, I opt for the package with an ultrasound of my thyroid, breasts and pelvis too. At that time, doctor says all looks fine except there was a lot of gas in my stomach; but I'm still waiting for the full report next week.
These two days I'm getting some odd patches on my skin (they are not exactly discoloured red, but just looks different to me in flat roundish shapes; it's almost like a very faint circle shape) my mum says that these are due to dry skin- which I'm unsure of. Sometimes my face, scalp and legs itches as well.
Am I in a serious condition? Or am I just overthinking and overreacting?