PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid of traveling

Little
03-09-17, 23:51
I'm scared of traveling, whether its a camping trip that's 2 hours away or going overseas. I get crippled by the thought.
In recent years, I've travelled about once every year or two with family members but it's always such a nightmare dealing with my thoughts up until the flight, and since I'm quite nervous during the trip as well, it's never really THAT fun for me.

I have an opportunity to go on vacation with my best friend. For a normal person this would be amazing. But I'm stressing and will probably not go. It's just too much to deal with and will take my energy away from everything else in my life up until the trip. I just don't feel like being miserable until the flight and possibly on the trip itself too and only being able to breathe again once I get home. I've been in therapy for 4 years and while it's helped me with other things, it obviously hasn't with this.

I guess I'm going to give up on the hope of ever being able to travel.. But am curious if there is anyone out there with the same anxiety who was successful in beating it?