PDA

View Full Version : Feelings of being light/hollow/pushed down / heavy, pressure / sharp stabbing pains

GingerMahal
03-08-17, 00:16
Hi there, this is my first post on an anxiety forum.

I have experienced an extensive list of extreme anxiety symptoms for the last 2 months, been seen by many paramedics, been in and out of hospital/doctors multiple times, with all tests so far showing fine. I understand the symptoms can be and are all caused by anxiety, though it is a daily battle to remind myself of this.

The reason I'm writing this post is because I've searched for some specific feelings detailed below, on forums like these and not found anything that similar. It would be nice to hear anyone else's similar experiences.

The first....
I get an anxious feeling then... my arms, chest, abdomen and legs feel extremely light and hollow.
I feel I can't breath and my body feels like it's being pushed down.
My chest and stomach then feel like they're being pushed up and down, and my head feels like it's being tugged downwards.

The second...
I also get another experience where my whole body feels really weighed down and extremely heavy, and I feel like I can't breath. I feel immense pressure on my chest and in my head and sinuses, and I lose feeling in my hands. This combination usually only last a few seconds

After both experiences my whole body has sharp, stabbing pains all over it, followed by a feeling of cold spots.

I have now started medication and I'm having sessions with a psychotherapist. I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced these particular feelings also.

Many thanks.

jdheart
03-08-17, 02:22
Like you said you know its anxiety. Many of you symtoms I have had or still get on occasion.

You really know its anxiety when your deep in thought inside yourself and frantically searching for an answer.

Anxiety is cruel but with time you will figure it out. You just need time. You will start learning its evil tricks on you.That is when you will put the puzzle together and beat it out of your system.

Dont look at the symptoms. Watch your thinging habits you will see your thinking to much on the inside and not on your surroundings...good luck your on a journey that is not fun but in the end you will learn alot about youself. Take Care.

somethingsomething
04-08-17, 23:20
sounds like anxiety. when i had anxiety about my vision, i could feel as if everything i saw was moving upwards or downwards and wasn't fixated in one point.