PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety sucks

Alhambra
29-07-17, 18:55
Hello, I have been struggling with what i strongly suspect is health anxiety for 2 weeks now. I am a 20 year old male, and have been healthy my whole life. I do not take any prescription medication.

When I was 14 i had panic attacks about thins such as strokes, and heart attacks. The numbness and tingling brought on by the anxiety resulted in ambulance rides and hospital visits on 2 occasions, very embarrassing! After the second event my anxiety subsided, until 2 weeks ago.

It started with a throbbing in my stomach,which got me thinking and googling what it could possibly be. My mind was set on abdominal aortic aneurysm. After worrying for 2 days I began to have vague, intermittent pain in my abdomen and back. I visited a clinic where they suggested my diet was to blame, and they suggested i take antacids. 2 days after visiting the clinic I had diarrhea while at work, and had to rush to the bathroom. The abdominal and back pain continued. Eventually, I went back to google and my mind became fixated on colon cancer. The very next day after reading about colon cancer I became very nauseous, and started having symptoms of constipation, including thin stools, and passing less stool than usual. I was unable to pass for 2 days. These symptoms made exacerbated my anxiety, resulting in episodes of uncontrollable shaking. After getting fed up with being constipated I took magnesium citrate and passed almost exclusively liquid for 12 hours. Once I found this forum, much of my anxiety was lifted and i did not feel quite so unwell.

Today, 2 days after taking the magnesium citrate, I am having more regular bowel movements. Smaller in volume, and more often throughout the day, often with undigested food in them. I try to push the anxiety out but these changes in my bowels keep opening the door. I Have been unable to eat a full meal for 3 days now, and have lost 6 lbs. I have an appointment with my GP coming up, where i plan to discuss my anxiety and request an IFOBT stool test.

This forum has been a huge help with my anxiety and I would love to hear about people with experiences similar to my own.

venusbluejeans
29-07-17, 19:00
Hiya Alhambra and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

rabjr
30-07-17, 23:58
Welcome to the site, I am new here too.
I hope your health problems turn out o.k. Anxiety does suck. I have bipolar disorder, severe social anxiety and depression. No fun at all. It is a life crippler for me. I don't suffer as you do, not the same way. I hope you find out more about your problem and get the help you need. Best wishes, Rick