PDA

View Full Version : Anxious in Dublin (are meds working?)

Kevin87
12-06-17, 13:58
Hi,

Where do I start, I have been suffering with anxiety most of my adult life (toxic family) I just recently turned 30 and decided I needed to take action on this as it is becoming a bigger issue as time passes.
I spoke to my doctor and he has prescribed Mirtazapine to be taken at night before sleep. I have been on it for a week now, I am a little confused by the results as of now so far, I am sleeping good now (before it was a real struggle) but I am groggy for most of the day, my general anxiety has gone down, but I feel quite numb . . . as if I don't care at all (I am a very warm caring person usually) and today I felt some nervousness and anxiety coming over me and my palms began to sweat quite bad, it has calmed down now but I was just wondering what are the general thoughts on Mirtazapine?
Also, thanks to anyone that replies, I already feel a little better as I type this, I am at a point in my life where I am ready for the next chapter but seem to be a little stuck where I am.

venusbluejeans
12-06-17, 14:10
Hiya Kevin87 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Rick(amateur)
12-06-17, 19:19
Hi Kevin! Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear you have suffered anxiety all your adult life. A toxic environment could do that and surrounding yourself with positive people can do the opposite. Since you are starting a new chapter, try to find those people. Just as negativity spreads, so does positivity.

This is what I've been doing when I'm at a point where I want to start a new beginning but have no idea where to start. I've been making videos where I explore my past. Note that I said explore, not dwell. I wanted to know who I truly am. After experiencing things in life, I've built these walls around me to "protect" me. I'm in the process of breaking down the walls so I know who I am and what my dreams are. Life is too short to wander around aimlessly so I've decided to pursue my dreams.

I recommend keeping a journal and write about whatever comes to mind. There might be a day where you found plenty of inspiration and discovered what you want to do with your life. Good luck with your search! :)