PDA

View Full Version : pains!!!

pAULspybeef
11-05-17, 19:30
For about a month now I've been getting shooting pains in arms and legs. Although I have still been able to run and play football once a week, the pains are always there 24/7. Been to docs who checked me out and looked at muscles in my arms and said it all looked fine and "categorically confirmed it was nothing sinister". I get bad days, better days and then the odd day where I'm not too bad at all. I've had physical symptoms from anxiety in the past like perceived left sided weakness and tingling etc. These new pains aren't like before. I've gone trough the whole MS-Leukaemia worries. Just wondered if anyone else gets real pain from their anxiety? Should I believe the doc that it's all anxiety?

Melonpony
11-05-17, 20:40
I get random pains all the time, for about 2 years now.
Yesterday, talking to my therapist about my pains, and my arm started hurting pretty bad....so I think my brain made that happen bc I was focused on the PAINS.
I have a book about compassionate methods to relieve anxiety, and there is an exercise in the book that has you focus on one part of your body (like the left foot). I do notice that when I focus on one spot, it intensifies all the feelings in that area.
All in all, I think your mind is creating the pain, and intensifying it.
What helps me is reminding myself of this, and trying to focus on my breath, or something external.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pAULspybeef
11-05-17, 22:23
Thanks for your reply. I've got a book which talks about acceptance and letting feelings wash over you no matter how bad. Not always easy when you're aching constantly!

domril26
12-05-17, 00:20
I've had all the classic anxiety symptoms and for some reason had shin splints and aches because of it. Really hampering my football. It sucks!

I had an exam from a personal trainer / physio and they said my muscle are so tight and i have knots and severe tension. It's all about relaxing your body.

I've literally have every single symptom you can have and nothing is wrong its all anxiety mate.

Melonpony
12-05-17, 02:04
I'm fairly certain your pains are anxiety, bc I believe mine are.
No doubt about it, IT SUCKS!

ChildOfTheKing
12-05-17, 05:55
Anxiety can certainly cause these pains. I have gotten them as well.

pAULspybeef
12-05-17, 20:29
Thank you all - had a few better days and scored the winning goal at football last night �� Up tomorrow morning to go running - if my legs are going to hurt anyway I may as well aim to boost my endorphins at the same time haha

Melonpony
13-05-17, 03:05
Thank you all - had a few better days and scored the winning goal at football last night 🙂 Up tomorrow morning to go running - if my legs are going to hurt anyway I may as well aim to boost my endorphins at the same time haha
Ha! Yes, for sure. I find that I have to just live through it, too. Otherwise, we would all be stuck in our houses forever:/.