PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do

Shaun80
15-04-17, 16:17
Hi

I posted earlier regarding my Als fear . I was having symptoms of pain cramping soreness tingling buzzing in my jaw face tongue arms hands and legs feet ankles . I was also getting twitching throughout my body pretty much everywhere . Voice has been raspy since my cold 10 days ago. So I saw the neurologist for the third time on April 13 he has done two emgs legs and arm. He did them March 2016 and Feb 2017. I told him about my oral symptoms jaw tongue pain with occasional twitches . I asked him to do another emg n tongue he declined he said when he saw my tongue visually there was no atrophy or fibrillations , and he tested my strength and reflexes and he said I am fine. I told him.about my voice and he told me I don't sound hoarse and voice is normal.He said there is no need to see him anymore because I don't have a disease he said it's anxiety. I feel so hopeless and frustrated I wanted to test the tongue for reassurance . He said he will refer me to a psychiatrist . My symptoms just don't go away how can anxiety mess with my nerves so much leading to these physical symptoms . Will a psychiatrist really help me get rid of these symptoms with CBT . Neuro said I am hyper aware of everything in my body and the symptoms are feeding off my anxiety in some sort of vicious cycle . Does this make sense i have seen him three times and it don't think the neuro will see me again I asked for a follow up and he said no .
Help me please

Shaun80
16-04-17, 01:48
Any input ? I am really suffering from my symptoms my quality of life is really affected

Fishmanpa
16-04-17, 01:59
Neuro said I am hyper aware of everything in my body and the symptoms are feeding off my anxiety in some sort of vicious cycle . Does this make sense

Makes total sense. So... did you get the appointment with the psychiatrist?

Positive thoughts

Shaun80
16-04-17, 02:17
I am waiting for the referral, but in the mean time my symptoms are really upsetting and worrying me . I feel them all the time :((. I really hope the psychiatrist can help me I am desperate to make this stop

jdheart
16-04-17, 02:25
You have exactly what I had in my 20's with anxiety. My anxiety has returned with different symptoms now in my 40's. I had twithing fear of ALS it was crazy. I drove that Dr crazy I think. Anxiety and stress produce hormones in your body which can cause all kinds of things.The more you stress about it it stays the same. Do your best to relax and do t read about ALS or other stuff on internet. Trustyour do tors. Its hard to do it tookme awhile to get over that then. Now I have new symptoms anxiety a real beast.

swajj
16-04-17, 13:43
The psychiatrist can help you to see how illogical your thought patterns are. He or she will give you the tools to identify and change them. The rest is up to you.

btw the expert told you that you do not have ALS. If your long list of symptoms included a history of trip and fall accidents or episodes of holding a cup in your hand and it just falling out of your grip for no reason he may have wanted to run further tests. As it stands you haven't listed anything that would make the expert even consider ALS.

Good luck with your therapy.