PDA

View Full Version : Cold virus has brought HIV fears back, please help

terrified357
14-04-17, 05:04
So for those who didn't read my previous treads, I had an HIV anxiety scare about 9 months ago. I gave oral sex to a guy and regretted it just about instantly due to fear. I tested negative with Oraquick at 4 months post-exposure, and got a blood test about a month after that that was also negative.

A few days ago I began to have the symptoms of a common cold (sore throat, runny nose), but no fever. But now I just woke up with a fever, which makes me feel like I'm getting worse, not better. This is really triggering my HIV fear, that somehow the test didn't find it or they mixed up my results. Please help!

Miznuvem0412
14-04-17, 05:09
You're nevegative move on with your life . I had a virus for three months and I don't have hiv .

You caught a virus that's all there is to it. Don't feed into your anxiety

YoungHon
14-04-17, 14:48
1. You've tested negative already

2. HIV is extremely unlikely to be spread through oral. There are several enzymes in saliva that render the virus unable to infect. The risk is so low guidelines say you don't even need to test for HIV after oral.

3.Acute HIV symptoms always come on 2-4 weeks after exposure, never 9 months. HIV doesn't cause a runny nose either.

axolotl
14-04-17, 15:35
You will get a lot of colds on your life, like everyone. You need to address your anxiety otherwise you'll tie yourself in knots everytime you get a sniffle.