PDA

View Full Version : A troll? ??

bingjam
28-03-17, 22:20
Not sure where to post this but i had a weird message off a member that's only just joined today... andd who has no activity his username is bobross22

Can admin check him out??

MyNameIsTerry
28-03-17, 23:36
They may not see this as you want the Admin board.

Suggest either using the contact function at the top of the page or clicking on the report post triangle on this thread. They will get a direct message then.

Elen
29-03-17, 08:44
I am heading off to work now but have alerted the other admins.

Thanks for letting us know.

Elen

KeeKee
29-03-17, 09:32
I had one too front the same username

paranoid-viking
29-03-17, 11:50
Was he writing some scaremongering stuff?

Gary A
29-03-17, 15:44
I had something similar about two weeks ago. A member named Barb50 PM'd me out of the blue enquiring about test results their son had received.

This member also has no post history and as far as I'm aware has been offline to this site since.

I ignored the PM as I thought it was suspicious.

I don't of course know for sure if there was anything sinister intended with this, it may have been a perfectly innocent enquiry, I just found it a little strange and having read this post I decided that I should mention it.

MyNameIsTerry
29-03-17, 23:08
I had something similar about two weeks ago. A member named Barb50 PM'd me out of the blue enquiring about test results their son had received.

This member also has no post history and as far as I'm aware has been offline to this site since.

I ignored the PM as I thought it was suspicious.

I don't of course know for sure if there was anything sinister intended with this, it may have been a perfectly innocent enquiry, I just found it a little strange and having read this post I decided that I should mention it.

I sometimes get them about subjects I often very involved in from a new member with no post count. I think it's more likely they have been a watcher and noticed your advice and asked for help because they believe you can help.