PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get headaches for more than a day?

Citydeer
25-02-17, 01:05
I haven't had to use this part of the forum before but I'm really struggling today, had a bad second half of the week with high anxiety after feeling fine earlier in the week. Then today my partner woke up feeling clammy, he's had a headache for 2 days now ... all I can think about is all the news stories I've seen lately about meningitis. I feel too irrational to go to the doctor for "just a headache" but neither of us really get headaches ever not to mention for as long as 2 days. There aren't any other symptoms. Anyway I just wanted to know if anyone else gets headaches for days at a time, maybe it's not abornomal after all?

Leah88
25-02-17, 06:47
I think migraines always last more than one day. My sister gets them for at least 4 days at a time and she's had scans and her brain is fine. She's had them for ages

Chrysoprase
25-02-17, 07:04
I've had migraines my whole life, and they always last two days at a minimum. Inherited them from my mom who has them at least four days every time. Neither of us has any tumor or illness that causes them, just things that trigger them, like hormones or certain smells.

Citydeer
27-02-17, 15:25
Thanks for the reassuring replies guys :) Turns out it was indeed a migraine. Neither of us had had one before and we didn't realise how much worse they could be than a normal headache and why it was lasting so long! I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions about it being something worse! Just having a bad time lately and I guess my anxiety is looking for any old excuse to latch onto.