PDA

View Full Version : Purple dot on skin

LF87
11-01-17, 09:47
Sorry I know I'm rampaging the board at the minute about this.
I have another small purple dot on my chest. It has got me so worried. I know these little dots can pop up from straining or coughing hard which I have been doing. I have a lingering cough at the moment. But i seem to be noticing one every few days or so then it goes away. I'm terrified it's petechie caused by leukemia.
This worry has come out of nowhere and granted I have been diagnosing myself with a lot lately. But this is visible and therefore more tangible I feel so I'm just losing my mind. I've made an appointment but I couldn't handle it if she wanted to do blood tests. I actually couldn't cope with the anxiety of waiting.
Please help

Fishmanpa
11-01-17, 10:03
I think it's best that you're seeing your doctor. Nothing anyone is telling you here is helping. Perhaps hearing you're fine from a medical professional will put things to rest. Let us know how you get on.

Positive thoughts

selphie
11-01-17, 11:17
Sorry I know I'm rampaging the board at the minute about this.
I have another small purple dot on my chest. It has got me so worried. I know these little dots can pop up from straining or coughing hard which I have been doing. I have a lingering cough at the moment. But i seem to be noticing one every few days or so then it goes away. I'm terrified it's petechie caused by leukemia.
This worry has come out of nowhere and granted I have been diagnosing myself with a lot lately. But this is visible and therefore more tangible I feel so I'm just losing my mind. I've made an appointment but I couldn't handle it if she wanted to do blood tests. I actually couldn't cope with the anxiety of waiting.
Please help

I have purple spots everywhere had them for years they never go they stay there, but they are not causing me any problems. Your Doctor will be able to tell you what they are Xx

LF87
11-01-17, 13:30
Thank you both for replying. Mine do fade though so I'm worried they're like miniature bruises caused by bleeding under the skin. They're only Tony but definitely there.
Does anyone get the faded ones?

selphie
12-01-17, 05:44
I have faded ones too and ones that are really bright.