PDA

View Full Version : 37.4 °C is this a fever? Really worried!

little.miss.worry
03-12-16, 16:21
Hello all, I'm not feeling that good at the moment. I have a bad throat, it's sore but I checked and it's not tonsillitis. Because i'm coughing a lot my chest is hurting.

Anyways, my face feels warm and the rest of my body feels fine. So I took my temperature and it's 37.4 °C!! I'm freaking out cause I don't know if it's a fever :( Also, can a cold cause a fever because now i'm worrying I have some sort of infection I don't know about :(

Any replies are grateful. Thank you.

ocdbaking
03-12-16, 16:44
It's up - but not quite a fever.

Yes a cold can raise your temperature - take some paracetamol if you haven't already (but only if you haven't drunk some lemsip or the equivalent, as they contain it). It always brings my temperature down when I'm ill.

little.miss.worry
03-12-16, 16:49
It's up - but not quite a fever.

Yes a cold can raise your temperature - take some paracetamol if you haven't already (but only if you haven't drunk some lemsip or the equivalent, as they contain it). It always brings my temperature down when I'm ill.

Hmm, odd, I just took it again and it's gone down to 36.9.. :/

I'll definitely be taking some paracetamol hopefully that'll make me feel a lil better!

Sparkling_Fairy
03-12-16, 16:52
It also depends where you take it. Under your tongue is most accurate and you have a fever there when it's 37,5.
If it's under your arm, it's more around 38 that's a fever.
if it's rectal, it's around 37 that's a fever.

But it's different for everyone. My temperature is generally quite low and I know for me 37 is considered a fever. But not for everyone.

Carnation
03-12-16, 16:54
I had that when I caught a virus. It was strange because my face was burning up, but my body temperature seemed normal. I got a damp cloth to cool my face down by damping my forehead with it and took a paracetamol and I was fine the next day.
When I say fine, I mean the high temperature, I still felt rough with whatever it was I caught. Drink plenty of fluids and rest up; that's what the Doc always says. :)

little.miss.worry
03-12-16, 17:08
It also depends where you take it. Under your tongue is most accurate and you have a fever there when it's 37,5.
If it's under your arm, it's more around 38 that's a fever.
if it's rectal, it's around 37 that's a fever.

But it's different for everyone. My temperature is generally quite low and I know for me 37 is considered a fever. But not for everyone.

I've been doing it under my tongue, it keeps going up and down really. It's very strange >.<

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

I had that when I caught a virus. It was strange because my face was burning up, but my body temperature seemed normal. I got a damp cloth to cool my face down by damping my forehead with it and took a paracetamol and I was fine the next day.
When I say fine, I mean the high temperature, I still felt rough with whatever it was I caught. Drink plenty of fluids and rest up; that's what the Doc always says. :)

Thank you for the advice, I think that's what i'll have to do!

Sparkling_Fairy
03-12-16, 17:17
I've been doing it under my tongue, it keeps going up and down really. It's very strange >.<[COLOR="blue"]

Well if it's under your tongue then generally 37,4 wouldn't be considered a fever.
I have that a lot, where I feel a bit off, my face feels roasting but my body feels cold. And my temperate can be a full 0,5 degree different within a few hours. I wouldn't worry about it.