PDA

View Full Version : Nose issues

spacebunnyx
08-11-16, 10:28
Hi everyone,

Another week another wobble! This time it's my left nostril. I went to the GP 5 months ago when I had a minor nosebleed and sore a weird lump up my nose. GP said it all looked normal and I had a small cut. I accepted this and have got on with things.. I've kept having minor nosebleeds mixed with my snot (sorry tmi) always from the same side. I'm pregnant and on blood thinners so just accepted it as one of those things.

A week ago my left nostril became sore and was bleeding and I looked up and the same lump was bright red with crusty blood. I went to the gp again (different one) who saw the blood and prescribed some nasal cream (a kind of disinfectant I believe) I used it for a couple of days and the bleeding stopped. But the lump is there and it's red and sore. It sticks out where my septum is. It's quite far back and not right at the nostril entrance. I am getting really worried about this now. I'm not sure what to do. I don't understand how the doctors cannot see the lump... it's practically blocking the entire airway... the other side is clear. I do have a deviated septum so wondered if it could be that... but why red and sore?

Any ideas of what I should do?

Xxx

lior
08-11-16, 15:10
The inside of the nose looks redder than you might expect. The inside of noses is all lumpy and odd looking. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe it is a deviated septum, or maybe it's a spot? Do you think the nasal cream might help if you used it again?

All sorts of odd things happen to your body when you're pregnant. They go away again once you've given birth.

Don't worry about it too much :)