PDA

View Full Version : Ten-year HA sufferer, hello!

LateRoses
26-10-16, 18:32
Hello,

I'm someone who's been suffering from HA for ten years, ever since I found a lump in my breast at the age of 21. I became convinced I had breast cancer and went to several doctors and had testing that said the lump was not cancerous but I still had the fear in the back of my mind.

All through my testing and visiting doctors phase, I felt a sense of gloom and depression that probably would not have been considered normal. I even sufffered chest pressure 24/7 and thought for sure I had cancer that had spread to my other organs. The entire experience felt so harrowing and helpless yet it was only the beginning.

Thank you for this forum, it's a solace through the nightmare of HA.

venusbluejeans
26-10-16, 18:38
Hiya LateRoses and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

LateRoses
28-10-16, 04:47
Yes, thank you! It's crazy because the last time I had HA like this was nearly ten years ago (breast cancer scare when I was 21), so I thought I was over it because I hadn't flared up in a while... Clearly, it was just laying dormant until now.

I believe I also have generalized anxiety disorder and am a very nervous person in general (I'm 31 yet don't have my driver's license because of anxiety issues when behind the wheel).

Pearly queen
28-10-16, 16:08
Welcome, I hope you get the help and support you need on here as it is often difficult for other people to understand. I also have health anxiety although I can't exactly trace where it came from. I think its general fear of dying and leaving my children. I also get the driving anxiety, something no one I knew could identify with so it was very isolating. I eventually plucked up the courage to learn when I was about 32. even after passing my test it took me another 8 years to drive!!! I now can't imagine life without driving, so take hope from me. I assure you there was never a more nervous driver than me :) If I can do it you can too xxx