PDA

View Full Version : Neck and throat again...help

Justanutter
21-10-16, 18:32
Posted about intermittent sore throat and pains in neck and and achey neck. Finally plucked up courage to go to GP. Said she can't see anything in throat, did some swabs and sent me for a blood test. There was a swollen gland there and my temp was up so she said that was a good sign. Said prob nothing to worry about. Have had text to say swabs clear so now panicking it's lymphoma or throat cancer as if there is no throat infection and gland is up doesn't that indicate cancer?? My neck is so achey and I've had a few really hot flashes in bed at night....panicking now. My cousin has just died with hodgkinsons and a very rare immune system problem....gulp...bloods won't be back for a few days as only had them today....terrified white cells will be bad...

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Anybody? Only posted a few things over the past few months but never seem to get any replies or may be one that's all...:weep:

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Anyone?

nhelen79
21-10-16, 21:04
Hi Justanutter, I dont have experience in this. However, I have anxiety just as bad as you do. Your doctor said that you have a swollen gland because of your raised temperature. So there is an explanation for the gland thing. I also believe that if she thinks something serious, she would investigate more.

Do you have good sitting/sleeping position? i have neck pain for years due to bad posture. The more I'm anxious, the more restless, hot flashes nights i have. Please keep yourself busy until you get your blood result back. Give your gland some time to go down, and re-investigate with your doctor if it stays up.