PDA

View Full Version : Having a very tough time, hard lump mouth

Weasley123
01-08-16, 00:32
Last Friday I burned the roof of my mouth on the left side near my third molar and thought no more about it. It stopped hurting. On Sunday it felt sore and I looked and saw a small red sore and a swelling bump maybe 1 cm by 1 cm. I didn't worry at first. Then I googled and the bump scared me. I read a bump on hard palate on the side could be a very rare very aggressive salivary gland tumor and andocystic carcinoma. I had a dental aPpointment for routine cleaning on Monday. Dentist looked asked if I'd akways had bump I said I wasn't sure he was new dentist to me at practice but looked at my X-rays. He says it was definitely not cancer he promised but made an appointment for me to go back thus Thursday for recheck. Well now it's Sunday. 9 days since burn and bump and sore are still there. The sore us maybe a bit better it's red around edges but more flesh colored in center. The bump is the same. My husband says it's getting better and I'm fine. I am still scared. I check it constantly with a mirror and flash light. I run my tongue over it. It's very hard and immobile I've read everything on Internet. Part of me us sure I'm fine part of he us terrified. I don't understand why it hasn't healed and I'm petrified I'll need a biopsy. I'm praying the dentist will say it's nothing. Please any help

Mercime
01-08-16, 00:37
You're running your tongue over it constantly, fiddling with it. It IS healing (please don't Google!) but mouth burns seem to take a bit longer - I did it with s coffee not that long ago. Listen to the part of you that says it's healing fine x

Weasley123
01-08-16, 00:51
Thank you. Did you get a bump from it? I hate that I'm like this and can't be "normal"

Mercime
01-08-16, 01:02
Yes, it was soft to begin with, like a blister but then went hard and it's still there a bit! Definitely going down but it's taken nearly a month!

Weasley123
01-08-16, 01:42
Mine was hard first time I felt it. It feels like bone. I just have to believe dentist.

---------- Post added at 00:42 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

The thing I afraid of I'd adenoid cystic sarcoma http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/facts/rare/ac/

Fishmanpa
01-08-16, 02:04
You burnt you mouth. Because the mouth is dark and moist, injuries to the mouth take a long time to heal. You don't have cancer and please stay away from the oral cancer forums.

Positive thoughts