PDA

View Full Version : I would like some advice

taylor1
16-04-16, 22:15
Hi,
I worked in a barbers for 20 years and a few years ago while cutting hair I would just go red in the face to anyone, this calmed down and i dealt with it, but then my hands began to shake a few months later, I could handle this for a while but a few bad things in my life happened losses and complications and it began to get worse. My husband lost his job and while on the way I began to think I'm the only bread winner,this was the worst day of my life, I never went back,I couldn't even go near to the shop, still haven't 2 years later/

I tried CBT but only a few times, should have given longer. I also visited the best hypnosis I could find and had 10 sessions and still suffer although I now deal on a day to day basis.

I work in a new career that I don't enjoy but get on day to day, My career is ruined and I don't know what else to do? Please help

Samantha choc lover
16-04-16, 22:38
Hi Taylor

I think that because your nerves started to play up a bit whilst working at the barber's, you now associate that place with all your bad feeling. It's tension that makes our bodies behave like this, and the fear of it happening. You were obsviously under alot of stress at that particular time in your life. Maybe you could give the cbt another go?, and try some relaxation excercises, including breathing techniques. You could definately still go back to that profession in time. x