PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

dali98066
03-04-16, 13:58
Hi, I'm new to this site, and need to find a way forward with my anxiety, panic attacks, occasional depression and to stop panicking and worrying...easier said than done! In the last 5 years, I have had severe anxiety, panic attacks, worry, panic and trying to break free from it all. I have had deaths, redundancy, time unemployed and a health scare since that time.

My panic/worry has got that bad that it has affected my job performance in roles I have gone for, as I don't feel I can do the role as successfully as others or pick it up as quick, despite the fact that I know I can! I just started a new role last week, and this week will be the start of learning the role on my own. Part of me is excited and the other is scared in case I do something wrong and I lose my job. I NEED to get out of this mindset very quickly, as I need to feel settled.

Please give advice as to how I can get over this...I have been told to 'pull myself together' previously and it really didn't help! :unsure:

venusbluejeans
03-04-16, 14:03
Hiya dali98066 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Rubymegan
03-04-16, 15:15
I am really sorry to hear what a terrible time you've been having. i can sympathise entirely because this is me too. I am in my early fifties and anxiety, panic and depression has been my shadow since I was a teenager. I have always had to rely on medication and it has helped me greatly. Before Christmas I made a decision to come off my medication as I was having therapy. I did it carefully with my doctor's guidance but it all snowballed again and I am now in the position of having been back on the meds for about four weeks and waiting to feel better. A couple of things I have found very helpful in the past is Reiki treatments and mindfulness. You can find Mindfullness on YouTube. I really hope you feel better soon x:

dali98066
03-04-16, 17:15
Hi, thanks, but I don't want to take meds, as I feel I won't have any control of my actions. I've heard of mindfulness, but need something that works quickly, as I'm pretty desperate x