PDA

View Full Version : Changing Physical Symptoms (Possible Trigger)

JLoother
22-01-16, 00:48
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but my shirt time here has already helped a lot. Just knowing people share the same experience that I'm going through helps a lot. I've been struggling with health anxiety for a year. Chest pains, palps, you name it; I've had them. I've been to the ER so many times over the past year for different anxiety related things.

I was wondering if your symptoms/pains/types of pains change? Usually my pains are sharp but sometimes they will be dull. Sometimes they'll be in the chest, other times it will be in my back or arm. It's maddening! Can anyone relate?
I'm currently sitting in my car freaking out that I'm having a heart attack because the type of pain today is so different than my usual. Upper back is tight/aches. My chest is super tight and my arm is hurting. Started with my left, midway down. Now it's going to my right.

Any reassurance would be amazing.

nirvanainchains
22-01-16, 04:02
Have you been tested before? My last visit to a hospital/clinic was 13 months ago which cleared me with any fatal or sinister diseases but many new symptoms developed after then. Similarly, I am having a very painful chest pains, 8-9/10 in the pain scale which goes ON and OFF, I am observing to what causes this flare ups, I thought it was Cigarettes since I am a moderate smoker but after 1 week of not having a single puff the chest pain would still appear in random days. I am currently enduring this painful left jaw pain that leaves me worrying again but I am trying to brush away negative thoughts. We’re all in this together, you’re not alone.

JLoother
22-01-16, 04:32
I have been tested a few times. Most recently a couple months ago for my last trip to the ER due to high blood pressure (it freaked me out so I drove myself there). I've been cleared all times by a couple different hospitals too. Even leading to an ER doc to tell me "You're a healthy guy!"

I just can't help but think "what IF it's real this time?" and I just spiral. I just need to be able to work through it.

I really appreciate the reply =) I hope your jaw feels better. Those always scared me.