PDA

View Full Version : Something positive for a change

CeeCeeCee
10-10-15, 11:26
Just thought I'd post a positive thing today as I'm usually in a scared state when I post. I have been told by doc after blood test that I had inflammation and it was likely to be Chron's or Colitis or some sort of IBD. I had changed my diet to very bland a few weeks ago, also drank more water and stopped coffee. Then I read about peppermint oil and apple cider vinegar. I gave both of these a try and I have to say (touching wood) that it has improved my cramping and constant loo visits to a large degree. Now, it may not be because of making these changes but I actually believe it is. I also found that things that I would think were bad for gut problems, acidic foods, can be beneficial. I read that limes, lemons, olives, ginger and other things help the gut with digestive problems as they contain a substance that is beneficial. (I can't remember what it was called, sorry) I am feeling much better now and hoping that it continues. I still await results of stool test and may need a camera test but I'm really hoping the test says otherwise ans I don't need one after all. Anyway, just thought I'd update people and also show I can be quite "normal" really :-)

sial72
10-10-15, 13:25
Haha, I'm sure you can be quite "normal", I can be sometimes too lol
Glad you are feeling better! It is amazing what diet can do. We always expect meds to solve everything without having to make much of an effort ourselves but by being proactive and doing things to actually improve our health we can feel so much better. Well done!

CeeCeeCee
10-10-15, 14:41
Haha, I'm sure you can be quite "normal", I can be sometimes too lol
Glad you are feeling better! It is amazing what diet can do. We always expect meds to solve everything without having to make much of an effort ourselves but by being proactive and doing things to actually improve our health we can feel so much better. Well done!

Thanks, sial72! :yesyes:

KayeS
10-10-15, 15:52
That's brilliant news! Hope things carry on improving for you :)

CeeCeeCee
12-10-15, 13:26
Thanks KayeS, and I'm sure you'll be the same soon too.

countrygirl
12-10-15, 14:11
Of course your normal:) We just have blips as I am having at the moment after nearly a year of being so much better:mad:

CeeCeeCee
12-10-15, 21:28
Of course your normal:) We just have blips as I am having at the moment after nearly a year of being so much better:mad:

Ah no, is your arm any better? Hope you're feeling a bit brighter now :-)