PDA

View Full Version : Morning All - Newbie :-)

pobrien71
21-09-15, 10:53
Hi,

This is my first post so please bear with me :-)

I've had the urge many times to write something down, but always resisted….and to be honest I don’t know why I'm finally doing it now? I guess if someone was to ask me the right questions then a picture would form pretty quickly as to why? I've also resisted the urge to create a post every time some new symptom appears to manifest itself and then attempting to scare myself in the process as to what it could be?

Basically, I'm of the opinion that I have generalised anxiety. I've lost count the amount of times I've been to the doctors over the past few years…..I was never one for paying a visit unless I really had to!

The worst occasion was about 5 years ago when I was getting heart palpitations… I could literally feel my heart skip a beat…or at least that’s what it felt like. I went to the Docs and they monitored my heart rate, blood pressure, took various samples etc. but all came back fine – after asking various questions about work and life he put it down to general stress and anxiety.

Over the last 3 years I've had 2 panic attacks, both in the workplace….and on both occasions I was taken to hospital – and on both occasions the doctors monitored heart rate, blood pressure etc…..and again, all came fine with the same stress and anxiety feedback.

I have also been diagnosed with GERD…..which hasn't been that bad over the last year or so to be honest – but at it’s height and when an episode triggered it was like a fire burning in my chest.

The main worry on each occasion was the pressure being felt around the chest…..and as you can imagine all sorts of scenarios start running through your head?!

Over the past couple of years or so symptoms have included: crawling sensation in my calves, various aches and pains in different parts of the body, neck pain, heavy head, muscle tension, carpel tunnel likes sensations in both forearms….as well as non-physical (would this be classed as physiological?) such as the feeling of losing control, impending doom, feeling of being on constant red alert, and as morbid as it sounds….the feelings around my own mortality (probably because I'm 43 now?!). It just felt like everyday there was something different going on and it was starting to irritate me immensely.

The worst sensations are the tense muscles around the should blades in my back that seem to radiate around the front of my chest…..and also the slight pain that comes and goes around the sternum (only that past couple of months ) - sometimes when I stretch I can feel a very mild pop sensation – almost like when you crack your knuckles?!

On my most recent visit to the Doctors and after describing all of the above, he gave me the same stress and anxiety line along with the recommendation of ‘needing something to do’, i.e. an outdoor activity!

I'm a male, 43 years of age and a family man.

Wow, there…I've done it! I've finally put something down in writing that I thought I would share with you…..many thanks for taking the time to read. And by all means….please feel free to comment. :-)

Regards,

Pat.

venusbluejeans
21-09-15, 10:59
Hiya pobrien71 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: